Wii Mii Parade

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gabber, Jun 4, 2010.

Jun 4, 2010

Wii Mii Parade by Gabber at 11:38 AM (2,231 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Gabber
    OP

Newcomer Gabber Member

Netherlands
    with every1 having access to the nand and all its insides my question is:

Is it possible already to mass delete the Mii's in the parade? maybe trough homebrew or maybe trough nand editing?

Thnx.

PukkY

2. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    Mii data is stored in the file /shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat - it stores both the Miis in the Plaza and in the Parade. IIRC it is possible to extract Miis from this file with any hex editor, but the file cannot be changed, because any change apparently invalidates the whole file. This will cause the Mii Channel to reset the file next time it is started - all Miis will be deleted, but you can use Waninkoko's Mii Extractor (does not support SDHC) to back them up first.

See this WiiBrew article: http://wiibrew.org/wiki//shared2/menu/FaceLib/RFL_DB.dat
    It is pretty old, though. It may in fact be possible to simply edit the file directly, but the article's editor messed up (he says so himself). If you choose to try editing the file directly, note that the Miis of the Parade have a format different from the Miis of the Plaza (several fields are missing). If you mess up while editing - or it is in fact not possible - you can always restore the previous file or let the Mii Channel reset it.

Before attempting to edit ANY file on NAND, make sure you have a NAND backup and means to restore it.

3. Gabber
    OP

Newcomer Gabber Member

Netherlands
    Ohhke well thnx. that could work.

the wiibrew article also says some of your save files depend on Miis.
    You think that if i corrupt that file and immediatly restore all my own Mii's without loading any save in between ill be ok?

thnx

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    dj_Skual just released his Savegame_Manager_GX with Mii support

I didn't try it yet, but you could take a look too.
    (be sure to configure the path to an existing folder first)

5. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Yes, I copied my savegames onto my sneek nand without copying my mii data, all I had to do was make the mii again/copy it from my wiimote, and I was good.

If you're lazy though you can re-assign your save to any mii you want.

6. ireknole

Newcomer ireknole Newbie

United States
    How do you extract the mii's from the nand file? I'm having trouble doing it. I've read both the wiki and the post about it, but I'm still confused. Could you tell me step-by-step how to do it (including which hex editor you use)? Thanks!

7. Gabber
    OP

Newcomer Gabber Member

Netherlands
    if anyone is still interested in this.. i used Helsioniums guide backing up my Mii's with the savegame manager gx and then corrupting the RFL_DB.dat so its cleared. [​IMG]