Wii Midia v0.1 alpha

sinbad33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii(modded) has been capable of playing dvd's for ages, almost since the beggining.... "wii beta dvd player", i've been using it for ages to play avi's and full dvd's... tho i will say the quality with divx is crap

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cant wait for this one
biggrin.gif

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
greatspirit said:
The Wii is capable of running DL discs, it can easily play a DVD movie, the Wii isnt equipped with a crappy drive...
Actually playing DVD movies on the Wii will wear out the drive much faster than usual, so the drive isn't that great...

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
greatspirit said:
The Wii is capable of running DL discs, it can easily play a DVD movie, the Wii isnt equipped with a crappy drive...
Actually playing DVD movies on the Wii will wear out the drive much faster than usual, so the drive isn't that great...

Getting information out of your ass doesn't count towards real proof.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rankio said:
Mewgia said:
greatspirit said:

I remember reading that in the original post about the DVD player, which was made by the app authors.

I could be remembering incorrectly though.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Rankio said:
Mewgia said:
greatspirit said:

I remember reading that in the original post about the DVD player, which was made by the app authors.

I could be remembering incorrectly though.
Playing DL Discs in ANY drive causes it to wear out more. Everything wears out eventually.

KamuiX

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Also this famous USB external drive support code will be perfect add on for this project!
Because Wii's drive will die soon enough if we let it read a bunch of media disks.

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbone182a said:
-x1_0_nt- said:
rockpin said:
-x1_0_nt- said:
IxthusTiger said:
Can I play DVD with this?

nope, the wii isn't capable of playing a dvd movie.

Yes.

Video Support:
MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, DIVX, XVID, MOV, WMV, VOB and more.

By "dvd" i'm sure alot of people, like me, thought "dvd movie disc"
Doesn't change the fact that this piece of software can playback VOB's. If it can mount the DVD-drive, it is capable of playing a "DVD movie disc" (regardless of what that does to your laser... ;))
Only two catches: CSS and SD-only. He stated that it would only read from the SD card at first. Also, nowhere did he mention DeCSS, libdvdcss, or anything similar. We can only hope... Also WiFi streaming would be nice for internet radio and the likes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_