Hardware wii microphone compatibility

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know they are, except the games that use Wii Speak (Animal Crossing). I heard something about the Rock Band USB microphone not being compatible with Guitar Hero though.

Might want to wait until someone else answers

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I bought High School Musical Sing It bundle for the mic and it worked in Rock Band and GH WT perfectly fine, so I think in general inter mic comptability is pretty good. on a side note, I was actually able to sell the game on eBay for more then I paid for the bundle.

-FTen

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the Rock Band tutorial it even says "any USB mic should work". All the "official" mics released with games on the Wii are 'Logitech Vantage USB'. Mine works with everything so far (except Animal Crossing / Wii Speak of course).

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Has anyone verified which other USB microphone would work on the Wii with Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour? I am thinking of these:

http://www.dealextreme.com/advsearch.dx/se...seDateRange.t/0

Specifically the Logitech mics as mentioned above on Guitar Hero World Tour, but need to locate them for sale at a decent price. Online in Canada seems to have huge shipping costs.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UofG2000 said:
Hi,

Has anyone verified which other USB microphone would work on the Wii with Rockband 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour? I am thinking of these:

http://www.dealextreme.com/advsearch.dx/se...seDateRange.t/0

Specifically the Logitech mics as mentioned above on Guitar Hero World Tour, but need to locate them for sale at a decent price. Online in Canada seems to have huge shipping costs.

I can't recall the name, but I bought two cheapo Wii Microphones from blockbuster's clearance bin a week ago and they work in everything. they totally suck for sound quality if you actually turn up the sound of your voice in the game while you sing (dark muddy noisy crap, hardly audible), but for tracking your voice to get good scores they're just as good from my personal experience as the official logitec rock band mic (which I also now own). I wish I could remember the make - I'm at work.

OH I remember now, intec I think is the make. they're white, have long cables, the mic themselves have a (wrongly wired) xlr connector, and the usb connector has a dual 1/8" mic input jack so you can add a second mic of your own choice into the same input if you ever want to (although it'll show up as the same mic, the game won't be aware of a second mic). for hte money spent ($40 for two of these total) I can't complain.

But then I just bought the entire set of rockband instruments for the wii from a clearance outlet for $40, that's the strat, the drums, the logitec mic, the usb hub (a working one!), drum sticks, wireless guitar hub, batteries, everything except the game disc. so compared to that deal the cheap mics were a ripoff. but I'm keeping at least one of them anyway, for games like karaoke revolution (which is REALLY FUN, the judging part is great!) that support true duets with correct parts and harmonies, having two mics on separate usb inputs is a requirement and makes the game super fun for my wife and me (she's a real singer and I'm a session musician). total blast.

Anyway, fo rcheap and to get good scores the intec mics are great. don't know how long they'll last - especially in rock band where you have to hit the mic for tamborine etc LoL. and just turn down the sound of hte mic in the game or you'll get grossed out.

cheers.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
dkelley said:
OH I remember now, intec I think is the make. they're white, have long cables, the mic themselves have a (wrongly wired) xlr connector, and the usb connector has a dual 1/8" mic input jack so you can add a second mic of your own choice into the same input if you ever want to (although it'll show up as the same mic, the game won't be aware of a second mic). for hte money spent ($40 for two of these total) I can't complain.

I bought something similar off eBay which arrived yesterday - and it sounds like it works in the same way. A USB dongle with 2 1/8" mic input jacks. It claims to let 2 people sing at the same time, which it does, but like yours the Wii only recognises them as 1 mic [ clearly, unlike Rock Band 2 and GH:WT, the dongle doesn't also contain a usb hub ]. Other than that the quality of the mics is fine. I've also got, off eBay, an official "singstar usb dongle" (which looks remarkably similar to the dongle on my mics) in the hope that it will act as a "mic input jack to usb adaptor" for my 2nd mic -- at least it was cheaper than buying a logitch vantage mic [ which wouldn't have matched with the existing mics
wink.gif
]

QUOTE(dkelley @ Jan 9 2009, 06:25 PM) But then I just bought the entire set of rockband instruments for the wii from a clearance outlet for $40, that's the strat, the drums, the logitec mic, the usb hub (a working one!), drum sticks, wireless guitar hub, batteries, everything except the game disc. so compared to that deal the cheap mics were a ripoff. but I'm keeping at least one of them anyway, for games like karaoke revolution (which is REALLY FUN, the judging part is great!) that support true duets with correct parts and harmonies, having two mics on separate usb inputs is a requirement and makes the game super fun for my wife and me (she's a real singer and I'm a session musician). total blast.

I was wondering about picking up one of these (again off the bay) and using it as a regular hub for the Wii. Presumably all makes (PS3, 360, Wii) of the rock band usb hub are the same ?

UofG2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I also saw those same white intec mics at Eb games (gamestop), they say they are for high school musical, boogie, etc. They had 2 mics with a dual jack that went to a single USB port. Another guy at work also got them, but hasn't quite got them to work with Guitar Hero WT for Wii. Not that they don't work.

I will get him to confirm that they work and what the sound quality is like. I think he only keeps them at his other house.

The intec mics were half the price of the others I saw online.

Surely they will come out with official mics, like the drum kit which I have already seen.

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm I am a little confused!
frown.gif

I was having a lot of problems trying to get my USB microphones to work with my Wii USB Loader ... I was using cIOS36 rev10 and Configurable USB Loader v37

I have just installed cIOS38 rev14 (no additional updates/patches - I do not have Hermes 222/223 mload installed) and it looks like it has resolved the issue at least partially for me! ... I say partially because I have a dual mic (two microphones with a single usb adapter) but at the moment it only functions as a single mic ... both mics are not detected
frown.gif

I only have two games to test with at the moment ... "Guitar Hero: World Tour (PAL)" and "Disney Sing It High School Musical 3 (PAL)" ... Guitar Hero: World Tour looks like it is only designed to allow a single mic connection ... Disney Sing It High School Musical 3 has Dual/Two Player modes but unfortunately I can only get/see one mic working!
frown.gif

I am unsure whether the problem is with the particular dual mic I have or perhaps the firmware support for USB mics in cIOS38 rev14 may well still be buggy or incomplete ??? ... or is it possibly that a dual mic with single usb adapter does not work on the Wii? (I have yet to see a single confirmation on any online forums that they work on the Wii but I find it strange that these mics are marketed and labbed for Wii use if the consol can not support them) ???

Can anyone please confirm if you got two microphones to work with cIOS38 rev14 and/or Hermes 222/223 mload and USB Loader ? ie Two microphones working at the same time?

Also can you specify if you got two mics to work using dual mic with single usb adapter OR two seperate mics connected through generic usb hub ???

And can you also specify the titles/games you have working with dual mic?

Your feedback/info would be a great help ... thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021