panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
Just 2 quick questions.

1)If I had a 4.1E Wii with HBC 1.05 installed but with absolutely not any custom IOS,is it safe to update?Will the HBC still be present in 4.2?

2)If my Wii is 4.1E with HBC 1.05 installed but with custom IOS(222,223,249),is it safe to update?
Will the HBC still be present and will my Wiiflow work?

1. yes it will work
2. yes the wii and homebrew channel will work but you will lose all cIOS and anything that depended on cIOS, everything else will be fine.

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
King Of Chaos said:
Seriously if you want 4.2 it's better to install the newest HBC and DVDx via Hackmii v0.5 first, install the latest Shop Channel with the updated IOS61 second, then use Dop-IOS v8 to update IOS56 and IOS57 (without the fake signing bug) and install IOS70 (with the fake signing bug). After that grab the System Menu 4.2 WAD via NUS Downloader and use Wad Manager to install it.

Volia, You're on 4.2 with Homebrew enabled, and all your cIOSes should be intact.

Is there any need to reinstall BootMii in boot2 if we already have it installed?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
panzeroceania said:
panmusic said:
Just 2 quick questions.

1)If I had a 4.1E Wii with HBC 1.05 installed but with absolutely not any custom IOS,is it safe to update?Will the HBC still be present in 4.2?

2)If my Wii is 4.1E with HBC 1.05 installed but with custom IOS(222,223,249),is it safe to update?

1. yes it will work
2. yes the wii and homebrew channel will work but you will lose all cIOS and anything that depended on cIOS, everything else will be fine.

Thanks for your reply.
As I am new in the scene,I have one more question.
I updated HBC and downloaded Waninkoko's 4.2 updater.I suppose that I must run the application from the HBC,but after that my system menu will be automatically 4.2E or after running the updater I must also update via Nintendo servers to finish the process?
And before I forgot,does the updater works in PAL systems?

Amarok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
panmusic said:
panzeroceania said:
panmusic said:
Just 2 quick questions.

1. yes it will work

Thanks for your reply.
I updated HBC and downloaded Waninkoko's 4.2 updater.I suppose that I must run the application from the HBC,but after that my system menu will be automatically 4.2E or after running the updater I must also update via Nintendo servers to finish the process?

1. no dont update with nintendo after
2. yes it works for pal

panzeroceania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
panzeroceania said:
FenrirWolf said:
cboot2 should be able to install cIOS

is there any tutorial for cBoot2 installation? I'm having some trouble with it.
It's quite the pain to compile. I only just pulled it off a few minutes ago. x_x

ok...? what is the main problem? for me the installer just has an error and bails out, I think it is because I am missing some wad that he didn't include with the installer. Could you guide me in the right direction?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Amarok said:
panmusic said:
panzeroceania said:
panmusic said:
Just 2 quick questions.

1. yes it will work

Thanks for your reply.

1. no dont update with nintendo after
2. yes it works for pal

So,the only possible way to update with Nintendo in the future is to wait Waninkok or Hermes to release a new IOS exploit that is currently unaffected by Nintendo,if I understand correctly.And what happens to disc updates from now on?Is it possible,say,the New Super Mario Bros Wii to detect the unofficial update and prompt for another official one?Or the current updater can overcome this?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the many questions...

CWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(sry for the double post, I posted in the wrong place b4)

I'm still on 4.1U (with HBC, bootmii as boot2, etc) and have not update anything yet.

I saw that Wanin's updater was out and read that I should update HBC, Bootmii and DVDx before running Wanin's update. My question is, do I need to run the full Hackmii installer to update everything, or can I just launch my current HBC and let it auto update? I'm guessing that if I just launch the HBC channel and do the auto update, it will only update the HBC channel and not DVDx and bootmii.

Thx.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Txskeets
Use the auto update, It will send you the new hackmii installer. Then, you can install the new bootmii from there, dvdx or the new homebrew channel.

CWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Justin....I appreciate the info.

justinrocks123 said:
@Txskeets
Use the auto update, It will send you the new hackmii installer. Then, you can install the new bootmii from there, dvdx or the new homebrew channel.

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How important is it to update bootmii to BootMii public beta 4 while updating to system menu 4.2 using Wanin's updater? I am currently on beta 2 and I am happy with it, as it is fully compatible with my 8gig sdhc card for launching bootmii as well as nand backups and restore. I am afraid if I update bootmii it might loose compatibility with my sdhc card in some way and I will not be able to downgrade back to beta 2.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no need to update to 4.2. It sole purpose was to try and kill Wii homebrew and piracy.

It is vital that you always have BootMii as boot2 if possible. If you really don't want to risk losing your SDHC card's compatibility, then you definitely shouldn't update.

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dialexio said:
There is absolutely no need to update to 4.2. It sole purpose was to try and kill Wii homebrew and piracy.

It is vital that you always have BootMii as boot2 if possible. If you really don't want to risk losing your SDHC card's compatibility, then you definitely shouldn't update.

It likely will be needed once new games start coming out.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nicko68 said:
Dialexio said:

It likely will be needed once new games start coming out.

No, it won't. The most a new game can demand is a new IOS.

QUOTE(sess @ Sep 30 2009, 09:19 PM)
Anyone got an updated Preloader hacks.ini for 4.2? =p
The only 4.2 hacks are the ones that disable deleting files.
unsure.gif

somekool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi had no choice but to upgrade in order to by wii shopping credits.
as soon as I was entering the wii shopping channel is was forcing me to upgrade or quit.

after the upgrade, it's like I dont have a chip anymore.

my wii is japanese and even original US are not working anymore.

if only it would have clean up the duplicate channels at the same time...

any solution ? can I revert back ? do I need new chip ? what is solution ?

please help

Edit: I wish I could backup all my save and channel at once. then format the whole thing. factory default and stuff. and upgrade again the wiibrew-way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so