Wii Linux installation help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drakkenshire, Oct 28, 2013.

1. drakkenshire
    OP

drakkenshire Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Romania
    Today i bought a new usb keyboard for the wii, and i decided to install whiite linux. I put the 3 files of the whiite linux bundle on the root of my 4 gb pendrive ( I did NOT uncompress them). I then put mikep 5.110 installer on a blank sd card and ran it through HBC. It gave errors like: "cannot open root of device rvlsda2 or unknown-block(62,2)
    Please append to a correct "root-" boot option: here are the available partitions: rvlsda (driver?), rvlsda1
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown block(62,2) Rebooting in 180 seconds..."
    Then i tried whiite linux installer beta, but i couldnt get through the disclaimer, assuming that it didnt recognise my USB keyboard (which I have tested with homebrew games). What am I doing wrong?

2. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Maxternal likes this.
  3. drakkenshire
    OP

drakkenshire Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Romania

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/hbc-www/forum.wiibrew.org/include/db/mysql/mysqli.php on line 82
    The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I will upload a EWL pack when I have time, it´s hard to find in internet. Try some torrent in the mean time, maybe you have luck.

drakkenshire likes this.
  5. drakkenshire
    OP

drakkenshire Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2013
    Romania
    Thank you for your help, WiiBrew forum is still down. I'm assuming it's a problem on their side since the site haven't worked for me with 2 PCs. I think I can wait a little more until Wii Linux.

6. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    drakkenshire and OriginalHamster like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice