Wii Layout Editor

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gericom, Nov 3, 2012.

Nov 3, 2012

Wii Layout Editor by Gericom at 9:24 AM (2,532 Views / 2 Likes) 8 replies

1. Gericom
    OP

Member Gericom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Maybe you know that I started some time ago with a wii layout editor. But because it was a bit messy, I decided to rewrite it.
    It edits brlyt files and also supports the fonts used. (As long as you place the needed files in the same directory as the brlyt). It will also support animations.
    Todo List:
    • Reading Brlyt
    • Reading Brfnt
    • Reading Brlan
    • Rendering Brlyt
    • Rendering Brlyt with Animation
    • Playing Animation
    • Writing Brlyt
    • Material and Animation Editing
    • Picking
    Not fully finished, but first beta!
    Features:
    • View, Edit and Save Brlyt (Not everything is editable yet, but the most is
    • Play Brlan animations (No editing yet)
    • Picking in the Layout (Selecting) (No selection rectangle or something yet and when playing animation, it is diabled)
    Download: http://florian.nouwt.com/WiiLayoutEditor.zip
    Source: http://florian.nouwt.com/WiiLayoutEditorSrc.zip

.Net Framework 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

I pwned U! and SifJar like this.
  2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Sounds good, will try it out later and then probably give some (hopefully constructive) feedback.

3. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Add the Link of .NET Framework v4

4. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Got a chance to play with it a little, seems pretty good. Nice to be able to see what changes things are making instantly instead of having to rebuild a channel and test it with wii-banner-player or Dolphin. Plays animations nicely.

Couple of suggestions: Perhaps make it possible to edit a WAD? i.e. load a WAD, have it unpacked in a temporary directory or something and load the brlyt(s) [and brlan(s), I guess] from it for editing? (If this was done, I'd suggest probably also adding the ability to swap out the TPLs within the program, instead of having to resort to another program e.g. CustomizeMii to do that; if this did happen, I'd say this could easily replace CustomizeMii as the go-to app for custom channel builders)

Also, adding panes and materials would be handy, so one could add an additional image to a channel or whatever. (And I guess deleting panes/materials could also be useful).

Besides that, the only other useful feature I can think of is already mentioned in the first post (editing animations).

I can see this becoming a very useful app in the future, it's already pretty good.

5. Gericom
    OP

Member Gericom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Thanks! Animation editing is an upcoming feature. I need to make it. Also, the next version supports AVI -> THP conversion! With sound support. Very nice for mkwii for example. Then the revolution sdk isn't needed anymore.

6. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Oh, thought of another (comparatively much smaller) suggestion: Would it be possible to add a scale along the bottom and side of preview, to make it a little easier to gauge positions etc.? Currently if I wanted to move one pane, I'd take a fairly random guess as to how much I want to move it, see how far it goes, try another number etc. It'd be handy if I could look at where I wanted it to go, look at the bottom of the preview and see a rough value of how much to move it.

I think something like that should be fairly straightforward to add, but if not, ignore this. It's not a huge issue and if I was less lazy I could probably do a quick calculation to work out how far I want to move things.

7. George35000vr

Member George35000vr TROLLIE

Greece
    Did it discontinued?

8. sonic1000

Newcomer sonic1000 Advanced Member

United States
    I get this error when I load the program.

'Unable to find an entry point named 'glCreateShader' in dll 'opengl32.dll'.

9. VFlame

Newcomer VFlame Newbie

United States
    Doesent open, when I check in task manager the proccess closes after 14,000k