Hacking Wii lagging badly after removal of neek2o

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

In an attempt to get virtual console channels working, I installed a neek2o kernal to my external harddrive, then ran the neek2o loader. It ran fine, however when I went to use my virtual console channels, they didn't work still. Also my wii and gamecube games didn't load either.
So I used bootmii and restored my nand. However, now wii games take 2 mins to load, and gamecube, using nintendont, take around 10 mins. However this is only for the first time I load a game. The second time they load instantly, like usual.

I tried using my friends hard-drive, which is formatted exactly like mine, same brand and type as mine, and his works fine.

Secondly, no matter what options I pick, I can't get usbloader gx to save to emunand. It keeps saving my games to nand.

I'm using rev 2160. The latest one.

Please help. Thank you.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you restore your NAND? NEEK doesn't touch your NAND at all. In fact, its entire purpose is to make the console run from SD/USB instead of NAND.

Scan your HDD for errors on your PC and post a SysCheck report. (.csv contents in spoiler tags)

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What program should I use to scan my hdd? Sorry for the incredibly slow reply. Wasnt expecting one so quick.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using Windows you can just run "chkdsk <drive letter> /f" to scan it and fix any errors. It needs to be run from an administrative command line.

You can also right-click on the drive then go to Properties>Tools and use "Check disk for errors".

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It gave me a text box saying 'windows successfully scanned this drive, no errors were found.'

I did format it yesterday, in hopes that would fix it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, then it wouldn't have any errors. :P

The long times sound like read errors to me. If your friend's drive was working then it's not likely it is anything in your NAND that was causing it.

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I fix the read errors?

Also secondly, it isnt saving to emunand no matter what I do. Any way to fix that too?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to set NAND Channel Emulation in GX to "full" to get it to save to the hard drive instead. Neek2o should always save to the HDD. It doesn't have NAND access once it's running.

Harx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've set the nand emulation to full. Still saves to nand.

I'm sorry but I still don't know how to fix the laggy loads. I've already removed neek2o.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?