Wii key Update Released

mattw0123

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys im having some issues, i have a aus wii, with a wii key on the 3.2au firmware.

i have upgraded it to 1.9s running a us copy of brawl i got at gametraders.

ive put the wii in 50htz mode, changed that setting on brawl to make the graphics smooth, and the menus run fine but in game and on cut screens it runs really slow, the audio stutters in the cut scenes and the game plays as if its in matrix slow mo mode.

any ideas?

pepone1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I have upgraded my wiikey to 1.9s and the audiofix doesn't work as you were saying.
I have tested it with naruto 4 and starfox adventures and it starts making this awful noise ¬¬

lucifer69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamer said:
It seems there are problems with this version and audiofix GCN games... again... can anyone confirm this?

And, how do u downgrade to a previous FW version?

Thanks

no there's no prob... You gotta keep Dev mode off, then your games will work fine. Run your config disk, turn dev mode off. Make sure it flashes the chip, do not go simply by what is on the screen. Save your changes

pepone1234

Trophies
XP
Country
lucifer69 said:
Gamer said:
It seems there are problems with this version and audiofix GCN games... again... can anyone confirm this?

And, how do u downgrade to a previous FW version?

Thanks

no there's no prob... You gotta keep Dev mode off, then your games will work fine. Run your config disk, turn dev mode off. Make sure it flashes the chip, do not go simply by what is on the screen. Save your changes

I have done what you say and the audiofix still doesn't work.
mad.gif

kielserat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i just downgraded to 1.9g and confirm that audiofix worked back for me,in 1.9s,i turned with the new config disk the dev mode off,update block off,and save the settings,then reset console,stick the game wave race in my wii,booted up the game,resulting in the audiofix did not work for me.
I don't need 1.9s for now

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I was going to update but since the audiofix thing got messed up I think I'll hold off on updating my Wiikey for a while longer, after all Brawl works fine on my system and every other game I've thrown at it does so too.
The system update blocker feature is neat, but I don't want to lose my ability to play GCN games properly for that, it's just not worth it at this point IMO.

MahouMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
mattw0123 said:
hey guys im having some issues, i have a aus wii, with a wii key on the 3.2au firmware.

i have upgraded it to 1.9s running a us copy of brawl i got at gametraders.

ive put the wii in 50htz mode, changed that setting on brawl to make the graphics smooth, and the menus run fine but in game and on cut screens it runs really slow, the audio stutters in the cut scenes and the game plays as if its in matrix slow mo mode.

any ideas?

You're gonna need to turn off deflickering (the option that makes everything smooth) and put the Wii into 60hz. However, that'll make it that everytime you start Brawl you get a blue screen, don't worry, this goes after about 10-20 seconds.

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So the audiofix going bad is it a general problem or does it only affect a minority of does who update to 1.9s?

Was hoping to try one last thing to see if it fixes what looks to be a laser malfunction(I so hope it's my wiikey and not my laser) but if it messes up my audiofix it's not worth it then I'll just turn it over to the modshop where I got it.

Rugapand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dydy said:
i have updated my wiikey on 1.9S and i put in seeting config disk (speed 6X and my wii run only in 3x ) ? its normal?
From what I've heard they haven't fixed the speed dilemma yet so it might be normal btw is your audiofix working with 1.9s?

ricdanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their supposedly last and final update for Wiikey does not solve the speed bug, and messes up with the audiofix that was working in 1.9g.
Way to go!

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
ricdanger said:
Their supposedly last and final update for Wiikey does not solve the speed bug, and messes up with the audiofix that was working in 1.9g.
Way to go!
First, wait the real config disk and not the leaked one, the leaked one is a beta disk and if it's beta, it may be bugged.
Second, WiiNewz said long time before 1.9g update would be the last one. Never listen Wiinewz.

zebrax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think, rather than bitching and whinging about the amount of time this update took to come out, like many, I'd rather just say:

"Thank you Wiikey team...and keep up the good, careful, deliberate effort"

ricdanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
ricdanger said:
Way to go!
First, wait the real config disk and not the leaked one, the leaked one is a beta disk and if it's beta, it may be bugged.
Second, WiiNewz said long time before 1.9g update would be the last one. Never listen Wiinewz.

What?
The one being released on 2008-03-28 ?
rolleyes.gif

zebrax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree there. 1.9s will NOT be the last update for Wiikey. This is just a silly and unfounded rumour that is being spread.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Audiofix is definitely stuffed in this release whether devmode is on or off.
I just tried Eternal Darkness and the game works but I get awful sounds coming from my speakers when it tries to stream audio.
Great beta testing Wiikey team!

Edit: Just went back to 1.9g and Eternal Darkness works as it should.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself