Hacking Wii just refuses to boot up....

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been working all evening trying to make Neogamma work with copied disc and even though I wasn't having any success in that department I could still browse around the Wii and do anything else I wanted to do. Well I just went to cut it back on after taking a break and now I only get a green light briefly when it first comes on and then goes to yellow and won't boot. I can't get it to read any DVD's or get back to the main menu or anything. Anybody have any ideas? I'm a noobie obviously so i don't have a clue what has happened.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
what guide did you use bud?...what firmware are you on? did you install a flash related files (ios cios wads themes system menu updates preloader maybe? hbc?) Anything to your nand? you will have to post specifics on the "events surrouding the issue" for the guys here to help out bro
wink.gif

Some even more important info did you install any brick protection (starfall/starpatch preloader or bootmii and do a nand backup ect) previous to trying to run the hacks on your wii...

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
what guide did you use bud?...what firmware are you on? did you install a flash related files (ios cios wads themes system menu updates preloader maybe? hbc?) Anything to your nand? you will have to post specifics on the "events surrouding the issue" for the guys here to help out bro
wink.gif

Some even more important info did you install any brick protection (starfall/starpatch preloader or bootmii and do a nand backup ect) previous to trying to run the hacks on your wii...

I used the guide that xzxero posted in the top sticky. The Wii was using firmware 4.2. The weird thing is the Wii was working fine all day. I did load preloader and did the update cause I was told that since I couldn't get the brick protection from using boot2 that preloader was the only semi protection I could get. I did run bootmii and make the nand backup but after doing much reading I found out that was pointless since it doesn't work if you aren't able to install it in to boot2. I followed the guide and like I said everything was working fine and then it just would not boot anymore. Only things I installed were the things mentioned in the guide and I added preloader and neogamma since I was trying to play games from a backup DVD. That was my only reason for trying to mod the thing in the first place.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I had this error, you may have an old revision of preloader 0.30 (rev 3 fixed this). You should still be able to boot to preloader if you hold reset as its powering on. From there you can fix the problem. Read through this thread if u need more help, u can also get rev 3 from here (long, but ur Q should be answered)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=185487&st=255

uscjunkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I appreciate the ideas....I will try it once I go home for lunch today. It has been unplugged all night so maybe that will work or hopefully it will let me boot back in to preloader. I got my fingers crossed anyway! Once again thanks for the help guys!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
just listen to Finrir hes right i have had to do that unplug my console for a bit before i could update my internet channel for example...Not only that he is a very talented and helpful contributor...Also did you post any of these results IN XXERO's guide so he could try and assisit you b4 you made this thread bud?
wink.gif
if not try that first next time
wink.gif
xxero is more than capable of putting you in the proper direction
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up