Gaming Wii HuluPlus

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that commercials are included when you have hulu plus.

Actually, they do have commercials in the hulu plus service. They issued a statement saying that it helps them keep the cost low for the plus service. Also, there isn't a lot of content and they admit this too. I have netflix and while there's a lot more content, the content on there is pretty stale and old, and their recommendations and ability to search for stuff both on the wii and the web sux. Hulu has them beat there a little bit, but I tried the huluplus free trial and have to say it's not much better than the free hulu service.

The app itself is still a bit buggy, hanging and such, and the interface needs some help - no progress bar during the loading of content, you can't just search movies vs tv shows, etc.... The other irritating thing is they show you results that are "web only" content... but it's a new app, so hopefully they'll update it more than the netflix one. Right now, I don't think it's compelling enough to actually subscribe, but hey... free trial!

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too excited for hulu plus for wii since some shows I watch don't have the rights to stream to TV or mobile devices hence why I still connect my PC to the TV.

Edit: Plus I could use an ad blocker to eliminate the ads which can't be done for their own proprietary app for wii,

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just noticed this..pretty cool. I have a nice 1080p screen in my living room where i watch netflix/hulu on my bluray, and a nice ole 480i crt for the wii in my bedroom, it would be awesome to have hulu on it.

as for hulu being half-hearted, you don't understand the issues for them to legally stream tv shows the day after they air. those big media corporations are the same people who hated the invention of the vcr. they are living in the past, and don't see the need to have shows outside of cable. Hulu is the best there is for now.

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hulu Plus is HORRIBLE. My kids watched an 11 minute long episode of Mr. Bean The Animated Series and they had 3 different commerical breaks in 11 minutes. NO THANK YOU, Cancelled after 2 days.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^^^^I completely agree. Hulu plus is brutal. It sucks PERIOD. I don't put down too many things but wow this is bad. The commercial breaks are annoying and often and connection is rough too. Bummer

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hulu Plus is HORRIBLE. My kids watched an 11 minute long episode of Mr. Bean The Animated Series and they had 3 different commerical breaks in 11 minutes. NO THANK YOU, Cancelled after 2 days.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Pay for online streaming, get commercials

GO hulu

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i subscribed to huluplus to catch up on family guy and watch grounded for life. then I put my subscription on hold for 12 weeks til the get some better content xD

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat