Wii Homebrew Channel Early Preview Released

shazattaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i almost installed it till the warning called me stupid for not reading it and asked for my confirmation again. i backed out.

:S

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
Well remember that this could brick your Wii.
Dont install this before its confirmed safe after a update.

Actually, Marcan has retracted his statement about it bricking the Wii, as he has been unable to reproduce the problem. It sounds like the channel just won't work on the newer updates that use IOS37.

QUOTE said:
At that point, "homebrew channels" would be considered "invalid" by the system. marcan now contends that having one installed and going to an update using IOS37 will brick your Wii, giving a "The system files are corrupted" message.
I just performed some magic and confirmed that having the homebrew channel installed and installing an update to the system menu that uses the IOS37 will brick your wii, unless Nintendo specifically addresses this problem in a new system menu. There is a simple way of avoiding this: simply delete the channels before updating.
For some reason, I cannot reproduce the problem. I must have been too tired that night. As it stands, current system menu running under IOS37 with a homebrew channel installed does not cause bricking. Marcan 18:10, 26 March 2008 (PDT)

What effect will this have on a homebrew channel?

Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, if you have any installed homebrew channels then the Wii will refuse to boot.

Source: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37

shazattaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOS37 is already in your Wii system if you've kept it up to date. it's just not activated until another update comes along that needs it. he has some method of activating it i'm guessing.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wiibrew.org said:
Currently it allows ten minutes of usage before expiring. Once the channel has expired, it cannot be reinstalled, so it's suggested you use the allocated ten minutes wisely.

I wonder why they restricted it to ten minutes
unsure.gif

Also once installed, can the Channel be deleted?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
wiibrew.org said:
Currently it allows ten minutes of usage before expiring. Once the channel has expired, it cannot be reinstalled, so it's suggested you use the allocated ten minutes wisely.

I wonder why they restricted it to ten minutes
unsure.gif

Also once installed, can the Channel be deleted?
Dont know but i dont thin k you can since its made of a Mii channel that cant be removed in the first place.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Channel is legit from what i can tell. It works well. Loaded up Snake and Tetris fine. Tried to use the Front SD Loader but it freezes when searching for the .elf files. And you can delete the channel whenever you want!

JinVa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mb01 said:
Channel is legit from what i can tell. It works well. Loaded up Snake and Tetris fine. Tried to use the Front SD Loader but it freezes when searching for the .elf files. And you can delete the channel whenever you want!
How can we delete the cannel ? thx =)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JinVa said:
mb01 said:

The way you delete any channel ... go into your settings, and choose which channels you want deleted.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
JinVa said:
mb01 said:

The way you delete any channel ... go into your settings, and choose which channels you want deleted.

Correct.
It's good to get a taste of things to come but not really worth it as you only get 10 minutes and it still seems a little buggy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...