Hardware Wii help !!

xianztan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Alright, so i got this jap wii console which is able to play us games and backup games. i am not sure why cause the seller did not mentioned anything about a mod. so anyways, i have been playing games smoothly until recently, where new games are not playable anymore.

So me trying to be a smartass, updated to 4.0J, thinking that thats the solution to my probelm, however instead, it worsens and now and cant play anymore games, the games show up in the channel screen, however, when i click it, they gave an error in jap, i think it is asking me to read the wii instructions manual blah blah....and also, when i use gecko region free, it just hangs at the loading game screen this happens for all the games ( backups mainly)
i tried many ways to solve this, including downgrading, changing region and even buying the lens cleaner but to no avail.
So any help?? i hope i can play wii again
frown.gif

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
What happened when you downgraded? Could you play games or was it still broken? I would suggest to downgrade it to 3.2 and follow one of the many guides on this site to fix it.

xianztan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Currently i downgraded to 3.2J yup, but the symtoms are the same, i am not sure why....
now i can:
-go to the press A screen alright.
-GO channel screen.
-see game titles when disc is inside, but when i click it the 'read wii instruction manual' msg appears, so i dun think it is the len's fault.
-tries using the gecko region free, old version, used to work ( will upgrading the gecko work?) , now it hangs at the now loading screen when i press A to launch game.
hmm, before all these happened, what i did was:
-first change the version from 3.2J to 4.0J ( started it all)
-then changed to us version ( just experimenting, stupid me)
-then changed back to 3.2J (now)
- tried cleaning lens using disc cleaner. ( does not work)
all in all i kept trial and error by upgrading and downgrading various versions from various region, i think tats the cause? cause i was getting desperate, forgive my stupidity..

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
what did you use to downgrade your system? after downgrading to 3.2j, did you follow the guides on the site to hack the wii? i remember having a simlar prob before but it went away after installing a cios

xianztan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
alright i used the Custom IOS downgrader v1.0 by waninkoko, hmm, i did a search but i did not know which guide to use, i tried to do some but did not knew what i was doing, erm, sorry but could u specify what kind of guide i could use? or methods? thanks alot, u guys rock!

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
you may want to check with the seller if the wii is chipped, or if he is using some kind of mod to allow it to run games from the disc channel (eg CIOSCORP). i'm not sure if that works on a J wii though... at least i know my girlfriend bought a wii (from singapore too) which claims to be modded but is actually just CIOSCORP. you can try running the latest bootmii installer... it checks for CIOSCORP and if it prevents you from installing you probably know you have that installed.

if that is the case, you may need to reinstall the whole CIOSCORP package if you want to play games from the disc channel again. alternatively, have you tried installing a backup launcher (eg wiigator's or softchip) and trying to lead your games through that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?
  • light27 @ light27:
    wait what? oh
  • light27 @ light27:
    my bad
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +1
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you