OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

Im so mad atm,cause when i play with component cables on my plasma the wii looks pretty good to play with,but i got a huge problem which is so annoyin that it cannot be helped i think.
I searched everywhere but i can hardly find any topcs about this ok here comes the problem.

When i play a game or anything sometimes the screen goes black for a brief moment already when the first white screen comes up with the wimote and blue letters it goes black for brief moment en then goes back.Its reall annoying and when im finally playin game sometimes after a action sequense or when i open door or whatever it is it goes black for brief moment and comes back even the sounds is gone.I think tis somthing with upscaling in wii or so.I tried to put force pal 60 with gecko and all but didnt work out as well.ITs really a big problem for my hdtv so im forced to play on a crt tv with rgb.Plasma and component looks pretty solid but just unplayable.Also when tales of symphonia 2 intro is running it goes black sometimesi n middle of video for brief moment i have no idea what this is.I really want this fixed someday.Maybe there is special video tool or somehtin to patch wii games for it or somethin for tv i dunnow.I really hope someone can help me with this cause i turns me crazy 50inch Full HD plasma screen and not be able to play wii
frown.gif

Greetings,

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plasma and game consoles tend to disagree with each other rather often. LCD is the best for HD gaming. Try using composite input.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
plasma is the best tbh lol.For ps3,360 its way to go. ^^ no problems with them its only the wii.This console is just messed up wit hehhe...well i still hope someone can help me else i just stick to crt.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jargus said:
Plasma and game consoles tend to disagree with each other rather often. LCD is the best for HD gaming. Try using composite input.

bullshit i use a plasma all the time and never had that problem.

BOT: check your component cable, if you have another 1 a different brand try that see if it still does it. also check your tv settings to see if it's set up on 480p. most tvs it goes to it auto but some don't.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
jargus said:

BOT: check your component cable, if you have another 1 a different brand try that see if it still does it. also check your tv settings to see if it's set up on 480p. most tvs it goes to it auto but some don't.

Don't leave plasma on too long, the screen will burn. However, LCD don't have that problems.

And the first guy who replied was right, LCD tv are better.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Giga_Gaia said:

Yes, they are, but the Wii should work properly on a Plasma, too.
Check the cable and the settings. Maybe you TV auto-switch something?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Giga_Gaia said:
Bladexdsl said:
jargus said:

Don't leave plasma on too long, the screen will burn. However, LCD don't have that problems.

where have you been the modern plasma dont suffer from that problem anymore.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
aff its just go sometimes black and come back i have no idea whats happening its in options from wii 480p...And it happens all the time....even when i have tales with forced 60 it goes black and come back after each battle.Its so annoying but the screen is awesome but i cannot play like this .
frown.gif

I got a samsung PS50A551

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
where have you been the modern plasma dont suffer from that problem anymore.

Yes they do. All Plasma TVs can suffer from burn-in. It's an issue with the technology itself, and it can't be fixed entirely. Newer Plasma TVs are much better at avoiding burn-in, but it can still happen if still images (game HUDs for example) are on screen for extended periods of time.
LCDs can suffer from image retention which is similar, but usually temporary.

As for the OP -

I've seen that kind of thing happen before on other TVs, and I'm not sure how to fix it
frown.gif
Try running your Wii on your plasma using Composite cables and see whether it still happens. If it does, there's not much you're going to be able to do unfortunately (at least afaik). You could maybe try something like this and see if it works.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i bought component to hdmi converter..im currious if it will work..Aslong if i keep the component immage quallity and not goin black screen sometimes i would be superhappy
smile.gif
.Lets put the hopes up i can get this fixed.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you switch the Wii to EDTV (480p) mode?

Also, I'm amazed by the amount of people talking out of their asses in this thread. Plasma is MUCH better for fast moving objects such as video games and sports. I've had a HUD on my screen for around 27 hours straight and no burn in at all. It was faintly visible for about a minute, but after that minute it disappeared. As long as you have a new plasma TV and you break the TV in, there will be no problems whatsoever.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol offcourse 480p im not a noob or somethin lmao
biggrin.gif

anyway about the plasma thingie is true its much better for gaming and esspecially for lower resolution and thats why i wanna get this fixed..I ordered myself a hdmi blaster.Hopefully it works.Lets cross fingers and pray.

Leiw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
were you able to resolve the problem Xenogear?

since I bought a new 32LG5000 LCD TV I have the same problem as you with component cables

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would switch the focus to something else:
May I ask you what kind of games do you play ?
Is it originals, is your Wii modded , are you using any homebrew to launch your games and are those games intended for your territory ?
Nobody mentioned it , but it might have nothing to do with your TV or the cables.
On my monitor for example I have an HDMI and a VGA port.
The Dreamcast is hooked up to the VGA port and the PC to the HDMI.
When I play a dreamcast game that has a built in launching menu sometime the screen goes automatically black and switches to the next display ( the PC ) because of a change of a signal.
That's why I'm asking you which games are you playing.
It could be that you are running different regions games and when it switches resolution to go back to the menu your TV looses the signal and goes black.
That can happen if you play games on a modded Wii for example.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

@ Leiw: No i didnt solve it yet im waiting on this hdmi blaster to see if its working well

@arm: I have so many games.Its happening in all games I got original Pal and Original USA..I own 2 nintendo wii's.They both do the same.With RGB cable or Composit scart i have no problems at all but quallity to ugly to describe.

I have also the vga box From component to vga for wii but this is not good on my 50inch plasma cause i get super big black borders and with the megacoolBox its ahorribe picture cause it loses to much quallity.I tried lots of things already this component to hdmi thingie could be my only resolution i think.Ill stick to crt tv play for wii for now with my rgb cable.Seems to do good for now.But i woud llove to play wii bowling or mariokart for exxample on my 50inch someday ^^ ...well i wait this week on this hdmi blaster thing.Lets cross the fingers ^^

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I've got the same damned problem since I changed my LCD TV from a Bush to a Samsung. Same games, same component cable. It can be really annoying if you're at a critical point in a game and POW! the screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds... IT JUST HAPPENED WHILE I WAS TYPING THIS REPLY!!!! If anyone can explain why it happens that would be great (instead of hijacking the thread into a Plasma vs. LCD battle)

edit: I do feel better knowing that it's not just me though
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?