Hacking wii having problem with micro SD card

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am trying to use a micro SD card to load syscheck to create a file to see what IOS/CIOS I have installed, issue is, that when I tell HBC to read it (because it won't read it any other way now) I get an Exception (DSI) Ocurred! followed by a stack dump.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Figured part of the cause, the wii is being stubborn it dislikes most of my adapters, said behaivor only started recently.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a regular SD card. You're sticking an extra controller in the chain that the Wii isn't designed to use.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
microSD to SD adapters are purely physical format converters, no electronic is involved.
How old is your Wii? maybe the Wii SD slot got contact problems or your adapters are crappy (most cheap ones are).

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes, when you insert the sd, the physical edges of the wii sd slot, turn the "lock" feature on the sd adapter to "on", and it can cause some problems. It ocurred to me while using syscheck. In the wii menu, insert your sd, and observes if a sound like a "bloop" happens. If yes, the wii recognizes the sd, and maybe its only the lock feature, like I said. Besides that, you always can use usb to homebrew apps.

Last edited by almmiron,

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Use a regular SD card. You're sticking an extra controller in the chain that the Wii isn't designed to use.

I would, if I had any.

How old is your Wii? maybe the Wii SD slot got contact problems or your adapters are crappy (most cheap ones are).

first gen, 2007, and no, mine came with the respective Micro SD card, most of them are kingston and Sandisk, I found one that works, but I am sure the other ones of Sandisk also worked before too.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
first gen, 2007, and no, mine came with the respective Micro SD card, most of them are kingston and Sandisk, I found one that works, but I am sure the other ones of Sandisk also worked before too.
yep, those black filmy ones. You can try inserting the microsd into the adapter with contact side inclined slightly downward. If you are good at hardware, you can dissect the adapter, bend the contacts and tape it back together.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yep, those black filmy ones. You can try inserting the microsd into the adapter with contact side inclined slightly downward. If you are good at hardware, you can dissect the adapter, bend the contacts and tape it back together.

Sadly I am not.

Duncan Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Okm, HBC does not likes it if you remove the card while the wii is ON, it just corrupted it and I gotta wait for half an hour before the recovery wizard can see if it can get them back.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Try this to see if your Wii can read it, it usually doesn't read Micro SD Cards for me...

Open the Photo Channel and go and choose to view from an SD... Just put a JPG on it.

If it doesn't load, then you probably can't use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-