Gaming wii games

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why copy games, use a hdd, an wiiflow.. or many of the other usb loaders, if your wii is the newer wii, it will not read a burned cd anyway..(copy).. so waist of money an time.. but if you can do it(wii). then do it..
yaywii.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shortz1994 said:
why copy games, use a hdd, an wiiflow.. or many of the other usb loaders, if your wii is the newer wii, it will not read a burned cd anyway..(copy).. so waist of money an time.. but if you can do it(wii). then do it..
yaywii.gif
Meh...I have an old wii that accepts backup DVD's. Personally, I don't see the added value for the following reasons:

-loading time is slower than on USB
-it wears out the laser (better save that for things that need discs, like gamecube games and riivolution)
-it's rather picky as to which brand of backup discs it accepts (this isn't universal...some old wii's accept any disc, while others need a lot of prayer to make their wii accept it...and of course, the newer wii's simply don't accept them whatsoever)
-though less expensive in short time, the investment in a USB drive is well worth it in the long run
-an USB drive means you don't have to switch discs anymore
-also: and USB drive can be used to store a lot more than "just" the games (movies, music, homebrew, emulators, uneek, ...)
-if you want to setup your disc to just play ANY game without juggling cIOS'es, you will have to mess with a lot more essential wii files than you need.

So...yeah. If you have an old wii, it IS possible to play from backup discs. The question you should be asking yourself, though, is: do I really want it? Just youtube any video of wiiflow or USB loader CFG, and then ask yourself...isn't USB loading a much nicer looking solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol