Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrofyr said:
Hey, just a quick question here, can I toss the GCN backups on just any DVD or must they be on mini-DVDs? My cousin is gonna back his up, and I don't want to have to get miniDVDs since I have DVDs and CDs laying around @_@;

Please read this thread, it has been confirmed many times that dvdrs will work.

live2play

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get Action Replay to work with GCN backups? Is there any other way to use this backup launcher with codes from other systems like WiiRD?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
blitzer320 said:
wiigator can u give me any help with my problem

Did you put a GCOS image within a GCOS image? This is not supported. What you see is the booted GCOS on the screen, right?

@cooler89: Are the games reported to work in the wiki?

I don't know if fstfix fix the audio problem. Someone need to try it.
I already tested fstfix and it didnt work, I think that the audiofix is the reason why a lot of the none working games dont work.

Here is a list of games that need the audiofix to run correctly, I think that its to much of a coincidence that nearly all the none working games are listed there.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried a shrunk/scrubbed Animal Crossing game (139MB) with all video modes and I'm getting a black/green/random colorful dots screens. My question is, do scrubbed games not work, did I burn or do something wrong, or is it a video mode problem? Btw I'm using the rest of the Wii at 480p.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some scrubbed games do not work right. I don't use the scrubbed games at all. I recommend you the unscrubbed ones such as 1.3gb is correct.
smile.gif

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Hey, just a quick question here, can I toss the GCN backups on just any DVD or must they be on mini-DVDs? My cousin is gonna back his up, and I don't want to have to get miniDVDs since I have DVDs and CDs laying around @_@;
lol only purpose for miniDVDs was for gamecube backups to be played on the gamecube.... Essentially they are the same as full size discs only diff is a reduced capacity due to the smaller size.
Thus far I have used both Memorex +R DVDs and TDK -R DVDs both with equal success. The +R's don't even have to be set with DVD-ROM booktype.... as they still work reguardless.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ethan94 said:
I tried a shrunk/scrubbed Animal Crossing game (139MB) with all video modes and I'm getting a black/green/random colorful dots screens. My question is, do scrubbed games not work, did I burn or do something wrong, or is it a video mode problem? Btw I'm using the rest of the Wii at 480p.

You should try to fix the Iso with Reloc 2 or fstfix.
There are 2 methods of "scrubbing" for Cube-Games.

1. Shrinking the ISO(e.g. GCM-Util): The size of the ISO will be changed. Files
in the iso change their position
--> bad

2. Garbage Striping(Reloc 2, GC-Tool, etc.): It's like the thing Wii-Scrubber does with Wii-ISOs. Garbage in the ISO will be replaced by 00h. The size of the ISO will stay the same as before. the files in the ISOs stay on their positions. - advantage: good to compress(with WinRar, 7z, etc.)
--> good/neutral

Some games don't like to get Shrinked/Gabage Striped. It's a try and error thing...

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ilive2frag said:
Quick question, is it normal for the launcher to freeze like 25% of the time and the screen (the green gamecube logo) to distort?

This also has happened to me from time to time - probably about the same percentage - sometimes it works beautifully, and at others it'll hang and the screen corrupts - a reboot usually fixes it.

FYI I'm using a PAL Wii with component cables set at 480p in the Wii System Settings - I use multi-game PAL discs created with Multigame ISO Creator 3.3.4F

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Rod_Hull said:
Ilive2frag said:
Quick question, is it normal for the launcher to freeze like 25% of the time and the screen (the green gamecube logo) to distort?

This also has happened to me from time to time - probably about the same percentage - sometimes it works beautifully, and at others it'll hang and the screen corrupts - a reboot usually fixes it.

FYI I'm using a PAL Wii with component cables set at 480p in the Wii System Settings - I use multi-game PAL discs created with Multigame ISO Creator 3.3.4F

I think this tends to happen when you reboot your wii in gc mode (by pressing the power button, u know how it resets instead of powering off) and then try to start gc mode again.
Make sure you power off and on your wii and you should be good to go pretty much every time.

Tonyryu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to know if it's possible, in next version, to add the link with GC backup launcher and the Wii network interface? Because, actually, it's not possible to play online with PSO or Mario Kart Double Dash.

(I'm French, Sorry for my very bad English)

Daviex

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello to all, i'm backup Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snake CD 1 & CD 2 In Multigame And Out of Multigame, but on moment to insert CD 2, the game go to error and not continue, can anyone help me? Help to all
biggrin.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Daviex said:
Hello to all, i'm backup Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snake CD 1 & CD 2 In Multigame And Out of Multigame, but on moment to insert CD 2, the game go to error and not continue, can anyone help me? Help to all
biggrin.gif
Sorry to disappoint you, but you can't change discs ingame.
The only way possible would be booting the game with disc 2
but that doesn't work with every game

kilgoretraut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but you can't change discs ingame.
The only way possible would be booting the game with disc 2
but that doesn't work with every game

Is there any conceivable way of patching this? I ask this to people with some programming skills.

doobwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see Waninkoko has released a new "Custom MIOS rev02" today.
In his news he states: "Custom MIOS rev02 and MenuPatcher v1.1 released! Many fixes and compatibility increased"
They are two separate programs.

Irixion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All of my games have saving issues..I hope this will be fixed if and when the new release arrives : /. Is there a reason for this? >_>

Edit: Read this somewhere: "To convert an origonal save file to work you will need gcmm 1.0 to copy the save file and any hex editor(google) then just zero out the first 6 charactors by putting 12 "0" (without the ") on the hex side (THIS WORKS WITH JUST ABOUT EVER OTHER GAME TOO) "

Why do you need to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...