Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.1 Theta

andy733

Trophies
XP
Country
hi im new here just to confirm a few games working on GCLauncher

Mario Party 4 NTSC Working Pressing A button and burned at 8x ISO was only 405mb or so and worked perfect

Mario Party 7 NTSC Working Pressing A button and burned at 8x ISO was 1.4gb or so and worked perfect

Pokemon Colosseum NTSC Working Pressing B button and burned 8x ISO was 665mb or so and worked perfect

Zelda Wind Waker NTSC Working Pressing A Burned 8x ISO was 1.4gb or so and worked perfect

Pokemon XD NTSC Not Working

Hope this helps got few more to test now so will update soon and by the way Hi all and WiiGator your the man thanks for the GCLauncher Peace.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS ON A RIDING LAWNMOWER....with zero turn radius...

Dont have any games to add...but just have to say to everyone that had anything to do with this....

AWSOME
wink.gif

After installing i was amazed and greatful..backing up my GC colllection right now......great job...

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
Ok, I identified that the problem is in the gc backup launcher and not sdboot (and possibly only occurs for multidiscs).
That name of the gci file is wrong, for Smash Bros for example:
--SuperSmashBros0110290334
instead of
01-GALE-SuperSmashBros0110290334

I guess it might not be finding the disc id wherever it's looking for it in memory.
Maybe someone who has a working single game disc, and a memory card that's compatible with NuGaSa could check if this happens to them as well.

ppc_gba, I can't verify the save names, but here is the info I have.

Wii - 3.2U, IOS249 + MIOS5 (with backup channel support)
Mega Man X Collection (Single disc game)
Official Nintendo GC Memory Card
Thrustmaster T-Wireless Gamepad (if it matters...)

Launched through Forsaeken's 0.3 gamma channel using auto detect

Mega Man X Collection doesn't detect save data on the card in either slot A or B. I attempted to save after 1 level and it 'appeared' to save correctly, but isn't detected upon re-entering the game.

F-Zero GX saved to memory card. Upon reloading the game, it seemed to read, too!
Save manager on the memory card shows it on the card, however.

I don't know if it is related, but I tried Crazi Taxi and when it said now loading (from memory card??) it says an error has occured. Could just be compatability problem I suppose :-)

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The memory card thing is really weird. It did not detect my save file on Wind Waker. Shadow the hedgehog wants to create a new savefile every time you want to save, and it won't let you create it anyways.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does the action replay for GC/wii work with this patch cmios? or gcbackup launcher? can someone tell me?

Cxprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned in the Support Thread:
QUOTE said:
WooT... I updated my cIOS to v7 from v6 at first i thought that would make no difference though... but I thought I should try everything.... Gonna see how resident evil zero runs and edit on wiki.
Edit: Eh wtf I was playing this earlier today on crappy GCboot over SD..... and my file is suddenly not there but I know it is cus it shows up on the wii file manager.
I also examined the use of my +R disc that uses the DVD-ROM booktype and this also works...... Man am I gonna be doing some testing tomorrow.
Edit: I've also found my +R discs work in general so I only wasted 2 discs tonight.... a bad burn and an extra copy of Resident Evil Zero.

raven77wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help I installed the gc backup loader but now i cant play wii games i press x like it said when installed but now i cant play wii games can some one help me it said +backup loader wii and left at 5mios or that thing can some tell me if i need a new loader or do i need to do some thing because i cant install the cios or got to the backup loader 3 any more and if it helps mario kart double dash works ntsc plz some help me

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Dang, not correctly accessing my gc memory card. It knows it's there but it doesn't seem to know that the save data is on there
frown.gif

Edits: Seems that it only correctly sees the save data if you press "b" when loading. Also it loads through the disk channel if you have cioscorp.

atomex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I instaled Mios Wiigator, later Wanin and the same problem:
No signal video, only sound.
problem´s game o backuplauncher?

Some help?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's one thing I don't like about the custom MIOS: after you installed it, it will show the Backup Launcher logo when booting any game (including originals) saying the disc couldn't be read. It still boots, and there aren't any problems playing them, but it's a bit scary.

pspblender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WOW Wiigator u rock i love you backup launcer 0.3 gamma now im gonna love another of ur Homebrew!

Just somethings i have to ask:

How do i edit the GC backup launcher compatibility Page
Does smashing drive and True crime LA and NY work?

thnx

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
There's one thing I don't like about the custom MIOS: after you installed it, it will show the Backup Launcher logo when booting any game (including originals) saying the disc couldn't be read. It still boots, and there aren't any problems playing them, but it's a bit scary.

Crap you are right!! That SUCKS!!! Just loaded up Zelda Collector's Edition original to test out Majora's Mask on it .....and that fake Gamecube Loader Logo came up before it loaded the game...

Hogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I had same problems with backup launcher running game sound but no video, tv said no signal. I changed over to scart input on tv and all works fine. Any ideas as to why this does this and if theres a fix ?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to boot F-Zero X on my PAL Wii but there was a problem.

The "Nintendo" and "SEGA" logos appear, and then nothing happens (Freeze?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol