Hacking Wii Game Translation

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay before somebody criticizes my work so far I have made some progress in this but I can't do this without some help. So here are some of my finding with the game Bleach versus Crusade.

First
b1.png

Files that are .adx are Segas audio system for the old sega dreamcast and can be played through Winamp with .adx plugin
b2.png

But other file formats I've figured out what they do but i can't find a utility to open them. Like .lyt is some kind of picture or image and suspect the text comes in images and another format .mgr which I suppose is for text because of names like this one.

b3.png

Its seems that most of the text is in some kind of image and can possibly be edited.

Okay you know everything I know and I've only been at this for about an hour now, so who wants to help?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't know a thing but If you get far with it, I could use the info posted here to try to translate that Mobile suit game.

thevilman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dude, I think you won't go far taking this paath. Soon Trucha Signed disc will be rare. If I were you I would wait till a better exploid get found then I would start translating any game. All you work you have so far is great , but it won't be nothing but knowledge on Romhacking Wii (if we can call it romhacking).

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that there is some way to figure this out but I need help and co-operation from people here so please to criticizing and give suggestions.

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stephanie said:
Good luck on your project! I just wish someone would translate something not lame like Bleach.

Fragile could really use a translation.
moogle.gif

*puts on Ruby Helm +4 flame resist*

~Steph

Yeah i'm really rooting for Fragile too..
Bleach isn't lame but i don't think this game is any better than the previous ones, it's starting to get like DBZ. The first 3 or 4 (2nd gen console) games were cool, but then it just started getting repetitive.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one wants to hear any of your anti bleach comments. Please figure this out, i'm rooting for you.
By the way Bleach is the shit!

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The text most certainly does not come "in an image". There is graphical text, true (such as buttons or textures with writing), but the standard ingame text of a game is stored as a text, however often compressed or encrypted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.