Hacking Wii Game Language Patcher

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to force language settings without using the Trucha bug? We need something similar that will work with firmware updates 3.3 and up.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
no it doesnt i always use it to boot spiderman 3, budokai tenkaichi 3, and SMG which shouldnt work without the patches and they are originals

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
no it doesnt i always use it to boot spiderman 3, budokai tenkaichi 3, and SMG which shouldnt work without the patches and they are originals

No one gives a shit what you use it to boot. I was talking about a new patching solution, not a middleman launching app. And yes, Gecko OS is buggy with a number of games that require the D-pad on boot.

Rufy93

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
jan777 said:

No one gives a shit what you use it to boot. I was talking about a new patching solution, not a middleman launching app. And yes, Gecko OS is buggy with a number of games that require the D-pad on boot.

With GeckOS you don't even need to sign the discs with WGLP. just go to config
I havent had the dpad bug yet.... try the no-patch version

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Rufy93 said:
With GeckOS you don't even need to sign the discs with WGLP. just go to config
I havent had the dpad bug yet.... try the no-patch version

Once again, everyone is fully aware that Gecko OS can force language settings on the fly. But it's a temporary solution while we figure out a new way to apply language settings to original ISOs, so they can be re-burned without using the Trucha bug.

marihalfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys! I want to know if this is what I'm looking for.

My boyfriend has a Jap Wii and we are looking for a way to play the Japanese games in english.

I must download the japonese version of the game, use the patch, burn a cd with it and play it. Is that correct?

Hope you can help me!

tucker1973

Trophies
XP
Country
hi all could anyone tell if this patcher would work on a pal iso in french language to play on a pal wii in english and if i would have to use wbb as well cheers

yakiniku

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stormyuan said:
u change the lang from [No Override] to [0](jp) or [1](en)?

" patch to [0]jp " means to cheat the game you play with JP (lang.) console
"pathc to [1]en" means to cheat the game that you play with US/EN (lang.) console

so....I change the lang to [1]en (because I already have JP console ^^
wink.gif

so can you get a Jap game to play in jap on a US console??

i have an NTSC-U Wii with 3.4 and Wiikey 1.9s. i have text issues with a couple jap games i own. instead of showing me jap text, i occaisionally get a bunch of asci or other messed up looking text. do you think this could solve my problems??

major text issues in Bomberman (the Wiiware game that Japanese had to pay 5000yen for) and Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou. minor text issues in Captain Rainbow and Gundam: MS Front 0079. im also determined to get Disaster: Day of Crisis working without having to load up Gecko OS

seitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ran into some rather interesting results with this.

I tried on 4.0 and of course didn`t work at all. Actually, the first time I tried it on RE:C, my system froze upon trying to read the disk. Upon trying it on boomblox, it showed that there was a system update. This was even more wierd because i`m on WIIKEY2 with the auto brick blocker built in. I tried reburning again with Language patch and the standalone BB application and like RE:C, my system froze.

I tried it again after downgrading to 3.2J. My Boomblox first disk still shows there is a system update to install, but the other Boomblox now works perfectly (the one I both BBed and Patched), but the copy of RE:C Still won`t read. I`m thinking maybe it was a bad burn but i`m content with playing the game in Japanese so I haven`t tried a second time.

It was just puzzling why I would originally get a disk that doesn`t ask for firmware update (due to wiikey internal brick blocker,) then after using language patch, it would ask me for a firmware update...

any thoughts?

ricanpapi_16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a ntsc-u(usa wii) and i have a ntsc-j game called (tatsunoko vs capcom) i play it with usb loader gx but everything is in japanese language so hard to read.how can i make ever5ything readable in english?i tried this patcher i used the option 1 and i get black screen....can someone help me plz. thank you in advance.

THESE ARE THE STEPS I DID:(and got blakc screen)

- Open ISO with Trucha Signer
- Extract Partition2/SYSFILES/main.dol
- Drag&drop the main.dol to wglp.exe
- Select a language (For example, if you patch an NTSC-U game, please select [1] en)
- Replace Partition2/SYSFILES/main.dol with the patched one and re-sign it
- TRANFERED ISO with WBFS 3.0 to USB drive

WHAT IM I DOING WRONG! so sad....plz help

butterfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I've just updated my Wii(Jap) to the latest firmware 4.1j.

After which the games that has been through language patch to english no longer works.

I experimented with another copy without applying the language patch and the game works showing japanese.

therefore clearly either the signature had changed from the update of firmware or the issue lays with the language patch.

just want to check if anyone out there came across the same issue?

siocone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi it's the end of 2020.
I wanted to patch Bomberman Blast if possible. This game is only available in Japanese. I would prefer Eglish or German. I have the original and available as a wbsf.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...