Hacking Wii Game Language Patcher

laramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cool thing, really. But I wonder what I need to do to get "Zankoku Dekotora Densetsu" run on a PAL system. Since the game itself contains an update, I'm not pretty sure... Would appreciate some help if possible.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ohh, this is great work, awesome! Thanks for the prog! Full Region Free seems more and more possible!

One strange thing remains though. I've read that Metroid Prime 3 displays English on a NTSC-U console regardless of which language is selected (so it'll still display English when French or Spanish is chosen), yet on a PAL console it will show French or Spanish if that language is selected. Any idea why that happens?

I hope that something like this - along with the Video mode choosing - can be added to a custom firmware if we're ever gonna get one, that'd be great.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I had a disk that is (U) Cooking mama which I bought from other places. As I tried to load in, it hang on it. So I wanted to try on this language patcher since the thread mentioned that Cooking Mama (U) is playable. I had got it out as ISO (Cooking Mama, USA) using IMG BURN.

Trying to open the ISO using Trucha Signer 0.21 but it prompt me, "Error decrypting data".

Why was it like this? Did I miss a step or what? weird!

I am quite lost for now and hoped someone can guide me if this is possible. If not I got to get it d/l.

BTW, what's WBB?

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does the Japanese version of Big Brain Academy contain english files? i hope that by patching it, i will get the english version. i have access the the Japanese version currently and if i have to get the english version, i have to download it.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
darkgunsou86 said:
Does the Japanese version of Big Brain Academy contain english files? i hope that by patching it, i will get the english version. i have access the the Japanese version currently and if i have to get the english version, i have to download it.

I think I read that BBA-J is working.

Weird, I got my BBA-US/ Cooking Mama-US rip out as .iso, loading to Trucha Signer detect as Error Decryption Data... Bad ripping? I used ImgBurn ...

wii909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moofiee said:
wii909 said:
Just tried Super Mario Galaxy USA version on my JPN wii, and it works perfectly, with of course English text.
Absolute massive respect to you ReturnerS for this extremely quick, and simple method
smile.gif

dude did u remove the update ?

Nope, no need. I'm on 3.1J (From the JPN version of SSBB). I let the update run, and everything's fine - Nope dupe channels, or inaccessible settings etc.
smile.gif

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Got it done with my Cooking Mama (US). had yet to test it out.

Wondering if Big Brain Academy (US) and Parallel Lines Work???? Anyone trieD?
It hung on me when I load the ISO in the BBA-US

Rushhour77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
josho said:
Got it done with my Cooking Mama (US). had yet to test it out.

Wondering if Big Brain Academy (US) and Parallel Lines Work???? Anyone trieD?
It hung on me when I load the ISO in the BBA-US

Tried BBA-JPN on my JPN Wii. Patched to english and almost all text is english! Works perfect! Thx.

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
josho said:
I had a disk that is (U) Cooking mama which I bought from other places. As I tried to load in, it hang on it. So I wanted to try on this language patcher since the thread mentioned that Cooking Mama (U) is playable. I had got it out as ISO (Cooking Mama, USA) using IMG BURN.

Trying to open the ISO using Trucha Signer 0.21 but it prompt me, "Error decrypting data".

You can't make Wii image files using imgburn, you need to use a program like friidump/rawdump for it.

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pado said:
josho said:

You can't make Wii image files using imgburn, you need to use a program like friidump/rawdump for it.

I used ImgBurn to dump Resident Evil UC to an ISO and force it to use eng

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Pado said:
josho said:

thanks for the guidance. however, the imgburn seen to work! Many thanks and I had google for friidump as well.

Anyone tried Brain Academy -US version? The disc I had tend to hung my Trucha. hmm, that's really weird!

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an awesome tool! Can it be made so one just clicks on an ISO and selects language, rather than having to extract and resign it? In any case.. THANKS@!!!!!

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
One strange thing remains though. I've read that Metroid Prime 3 displays English on a NTSC-U console regardless of which language is selected (so it'll still display English when French or Spanish is chosen), yet on a PAL console it will show French or Spanish if that language is selected. Any idea why that happens?
Which version of Metroid Prime 3 are you testing? Maybe the version of the disc you are trying only has English language on it.
QUOTE(Pikachu025 @ Mar 10 2008, 05:57 PM) I hope that something like this - along with the Video mode choosing - can be added to a custom firmware if we're ever gonna get one, that'd be great.
Yes, it would be great to see these things able to be patched on the fly on the console itself, rather than having to reburn discs.

stormyuan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
USA Games on Japan Wii console

WGLP Compatibility List.

[Works]
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen & The Tower Of Mirrors USA
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn USA
Nitrobike USA
Bomberman Land USA
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 USA
Cooking Mama: Cook Off USA
Arctic_Tale_USA_Wii
Luxor.Pharaohs.Challenge.USA.WII
Arctic Tale
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure PAL
Rayman Raving Rabbids USA
Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey USA

[Doesn't work]
Heatseeker USA
Driver: Parallel Lines USA
Legend of the Dragon USA
Spider-man 3 USA
Monster 4x4 World Circuit USA
Open Season USA
Mercury Meltdown Revolution USA
Code Lyoko:Quest for Infinity USA
My Word Coach USA
C.S.I: Hard Evidence USA
My Horse and Me USA
Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed USA
Cocoto.Magic.Circus.USA
Cosmic Family USA

[Can't open with trucha]
Surf's Up USA
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree USA
Dewy's Adventure USA
Alvin and the Chipmunks USA

[not yet test]
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 USA

[Changing language to English]
(Those games have already worked on JP Wii)
RedSteel USA (Notice: you should patch this file ,too --> \ROOT\redsteel.dol)
Big Brain Academy JAP
Monkeyball JAP
Family Ski JAP (have some error message)
BIOUC USA
MySims USA/PAL
Wing Island PAL

evilboi77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to change the language on Super Monkey Ball (US) to English on a JPN wii, and the text is still Japanese, the website states that it works with additional ASM hack. Anybody have any success with ASM hack. Thanks.

I have tried WGLP on SMG, SSBB, FE, DBZ:BT3, Cooking Mama, and bomberman and they all works for me. Wiikey 1.9g, 3.2J

cedrick001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone ! Anyone have ever try the patch to SSBB Japon to translate language in English?? Thanks and sorry for my bad english ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Her name is Sony and she's my sex box! Lol