Wii freezing after reselecting a channel.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yatesl, May 28, 2010.

May 28, 2010
  1. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hey everyone. My Wii was working fine before (4.0E, had cIOSCORP, Homebrew Channel, CFG USB Loader etc.). However, I removed cIOSCORP using this guide. This let me update the Homebrew Channel etc., happy days. I reinstalled IOS222 and 223 combined with 50 and 60. All my games on the Configurable USB Loader work great.

However, if I play a game, then press the home menu, it's fine. I use a forwarder, and it loads up okay. However, the second time I quit that game and load the forwarder again, my Wii just stays on a black screen, with the remotes turned off. Can you think of a reason why this is? After resetting all the core IOS files (and truncha signing etc most of them), would I be missing any? I've not installed cIOS, aside from the hermes' ones, in quite a while - I can't remember which ones I'd really need to sort this.

Here's my SysCheck (before Hermes'):
    Code:
    sysCheck v1.6.1 by Erik SpyderÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Region: PALÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    The system menu v418 is running under IOS36 (rev 16)ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Hollywood v0x11ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Console ID: 51242718ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Boot2 v2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Found 144 titlesÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Found 32 IOS on this consoleÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    Found 1 IOS Stubs on this consoleÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    IOS (revision)ÂÂÂÂIOS StubÂÂÂÂTrucha BugÂÂÂÂES IdentifyÂÂÂÂFlash AccessÂÂÂÂNAND AccessÂÂÂÂBoot2 AccessÂÂÂÂUSB 2.0
    IOS4 (rev 3)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS9 (rev 778)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS10 (rev 65535)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS11 (rev 10)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS12 (rev 269)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS13 (rev 273)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS14 (rev 520)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS15 (rev 523)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS17 (rev 775)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS20 (rev 12)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS21 (rev 782)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS22 (rev 1037)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS28 (rev 1550)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS30 (rev 1040)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS31 (rev 3349)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS33 (rev 3091)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS34 (rev 3348)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS35 (rev 3349)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS36 (rev 3351)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS37 (rev 3869)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS38 (rev 3867)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS50 (rev 4889)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS51 (rev 4864)ÂÂÂÂYesÂÂÂÂ?ÂÂÂÂ?ÂÂÂÂ?ÂÂÂÂ?ÂÂÂÂ?ÂÂÂÂ?
    IOS53 (rev 5406)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS55 (rev 5406)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS56 (rev 5405)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS60 (rev 6174)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS61 (rev 4890)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS70 (rev 6687)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
    IOS222 (rev 4)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
    IOS223 (rev 4)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
    IOS249 (rev 15)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
    IOS250 (rev 65535)ÂÂÂÂNoÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂEnabled
    Report generated on 2010/05/28

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The game-changing-black-screen is a known issue with some versions of the cIOSes; because of the way they reload IOSes and block IOS reloads it can cause issues if you try to launch two USB games in one session (without turning the power off).

I'm not quite sure that these actually fixed it, but if I recall correctly cIOS249 rev17 or later (you have rev 15) should correct this issue.

If updating cIOSes doesn't do it, just get into a habit of powering down your Wii and turning it back on before selecting a new game rather than using the Home menu.

3. yatesl
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, off of USB. I could update, but I know that's not the problem. Did 4.1 bring any benefits? I know .2 disabled boot2 or something.

Update 249, you say? I guess I could (re)install rev 17. I just need to find it!

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The only thing 4.1 added was a fix for Wii Sports Resort; older System Menus would cause the WM+ instructional video to play multiple times.

Hopefully r17 will fix the issue for you: http://gbatemp.net/t203862-cios-38-rev-17-is-out

I can't find any of the discussions or documentation I originally saw pertaining to the fixing of game reloading, but r17 is the most stable mainline release (not counting the newer cIOSX revisions which require some additional setup and interfere with some apps) and it should work fine for all your needs.

5. yatesl
    OP

United Kingdom
    I installed that (turns out it was still on my card from... whenever, although I don't remember using it). Loaded a game, restarted. Loaded, restarted. Loaded, restarted. Seems to be fine so far, cheers!

After installing SysCheck on my SD card, I'm having some boot problems (whilst the SD card's in the system). It used to load BootMii, but have a 1 second display time, so it'd basically go straight on to the System Menu. Now, however, it tries to load God knows what, and whenever I'm renaming things to boot.dol, I can't find the right one.

There'll be no harm in just keeping

sd:\apps\HBC
    sd:\apps\cfgusb
    sd:\usb-loader
    sd:\nand.bin

on the card, will there? I don't really use homebrew. Obviously, the folder names aren't correct, but you get the idea. If I ever need Bootmii on there, I can just redownload it again - as long as I keep my nand dump.

That way, it's safe against wondering younger sibling hands, if they get in to HBC!