Hacking Wii Flow help

wwfjph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to download this. Because I got the homebrew channel up and running, that was a pain til I read xzxero tutorial. It was perfect. But now all I want it is to play Wii games and I can't even get WiiFlow to work. So if someone can be very descriptive on a guide to get this work, please let me know. I have read tons of guides on how to get this crap to work and nothing has helped. Sometimes I get nothing, sometimes all it does it load, and once or twice I try to download it and i get error ret = -1029. So if anyone can help me that would be great because I wasted a day of my life on this crap and not one dam tutorial is descriptive enough for me to get this to work which I think is ridiculous because tutorials are actually supposed to be helpful not skip 20 steps in between.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wwfjph said:
Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to download this. Because I got the homebrew channel up and running, that was a pain til I read xzxero tutorial. It was perfect. But now all I want it is to play Wii games and I can't even get WiiFlow to work. So if someone can be very descriptive on a guide to get this work, please let me know. I have read tons of guides on how to get this crap to work and nothing has helped. Sometimes I get nothing, sometimes all it does it load, and once or twice I try to download it and i get error ret = -1029. So if anyone can help me that would be great because I wasted a day of my life on this crap and not one dam tutorial is descriptive enough for me to get this to work which I think is ridiculous because tutorials are actually supposed to be helpful not skip 20 steps in between.

Just place the Wiiflow files on your SD card.
Make sure you have the needed cios installed.
Please use modmii for all your hacking needs. It's easy, simple and VERY safe.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
modmii is indeed the cleanest solution...it not only gives you everything you need and tells you where to put it, it also has some description on the WHY of what it is doing. And that is a bit missing in your post, so I'm afraid I can't really give you an honest answer. Have you read through these pages on how to install wiiflow? Is there anything you don't really understand on those pages or may have skipped? Pretty much all guides skip things or consider them 'already known', as you need to know basics of hacking a wii before getting something to run (e.g.: a guide on how to drive a car won't have things like "how to open a car door" or "how to operate a seat-belt", as you really shouldn't drive if you don't know how to do these things).

wwfjph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
modmii is indeed the cleanest solution...it not only gives you everything you need and tells you where to put it, it also has some description on the WHY of what it is doing. And that is a bit missing in your post, so I'm afraid I can't really give you an honest answer. Have you read through these pages on how to install wiiflow? Is there anything you don't really understand on those pages or may have skipped? Pretty much all guides skip things or consider them 'already known', as you need to know basics of hacking a wii before getting something to run (e.g.: a guide on how to drive a car won't have things like "how to open a car door" or "how to operate a seat-belt", as you really shouldn't drive if you don't know how to do these things).

Ok, somehow, I got rid of eveyrthing and started over again and I got it to work somehow. Makes no sense but whatever. But now I don't know if it is the game, but the game is black and white. How do I fix that? or do I have to find another one?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wwfjph said:
...But now I don't know if it is the game, but the game is black and white. How do I fix that? or do I have to find another one?
sounds like your trying to play a game from a different region than your wii....try setting video mode for that game to 'force [your region]' or 'patch auto' ...TBH, i have little experience with this though; i make sure all games i get are from my region....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...