wii fit + twilight hack problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bedlam13, Dec 29, 2008.

Dec 29, 2008
  1. bedlam13
    OP

Newcomer bedlam13 Member

Canada
    sorry but im pretty new to all this so please dont flame me XD.... 2 questions

1. so my friend has a jap wii wif 3.0j (with SOME mod chip...dont know). she bought a wii fit HERE in north america and the disc obviously doesnt work. so i gave her an update-free PAL wii fit disc and once it starts to load....black screen of death. so are there any solutions to this? upgrade to 3.1/3.2j?

2. for the twilight hack...my wii is 3.3u and im using v0.1beta1 but when i try to copy over...it says i first need to play the game before i can copy it over. what should i do?

thanks in advance!

2. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    I don't know about your first question, but about the second one:

You must start the NTSC-U version of Zelda: Twilight Princess at least once before you can copy the NTSC-U version of the hack. More generally, any saves can only be copied to the Wii if you started the corresponding game/app at least once.

3. shredman

Member shredman GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    replace the update - dont delete it or brick block it....
    then it will work...

the game seems to only boot thru the disc channel if the game still has an update on it
    i have a legit pal wiifit and jpn wii
    i can boot it via geckoOS or via freeloader but if you want to boot straight from disc
    then you can only change the update to a previous update (jpn update) then it will boot

(i did run the game on firmware 3.2j tho...)

SHREDMAN

4. bedlam13
    OP

Newcomer bedlam13 Member

Canada
    @Helsionium
    well...TP doesnt exactly WORK on my friend's wii. i just get black screen after i press start at disc channel. so...yeah.

@shredman
    ok thanks. maybe i should just try using freeloader...

5. nutta_nic

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    why dont you change the region of your friend wii with any region changer or cios downgrader i prefer the second personally
    EDIT

your friends wii did you use the jap TP hack

6. bedlam13
    OP

Newcomer bedlam13 Member

Canada
    @nutta_nic
    yea i did.....even i get that problem when i use a US backup copy of TP on my US wii...i have wiikey.

7. Jytach

Member Jytach GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    You blocked the patch, but his TV must be NTSC-JP, not PAL. So you still need to force ntsc.

8. bedlam13
    OP

Newcomer bedlam13 Member

Canada
    WELL...

ive just tried using freeloader....and it works, BUT the screen keeps ...scrolling down+black and white. i used a the freeloader for jap...whats wrong? is it the tv?!

9. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    if your friend does not have an HDTV the PAL signal will never come up on the TV, if she has a modchip why don't you try to install the HBC with the .iso in http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/ and then change the region of her Wii so she can now use her legit copy??

10. bedlam13
    OP

Newcomer bedlam13 Member

Canada
    @ether2802

yea thats the other solution i see...but i dont get why she can run other games fine...but not THIS. im pretty sure one of the games that run fine is a ntsc cooking mama...