kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys
smile.gif
The fan on the back of my wii has been making this horrible grinding sound (I thought it was the disc drive actually when I heard it). I opened it up checked everything, seemed to be fine (made sure it wasn't jammed, cleaned out the dust inside the console and the fan etc etc). So I'm wondering where I can get a replacement? I've looked everywhere and I can only find either the Wiisper (which I don't wanna use) and ONE site that sells the OEM fan (but extremely overpriced). So my question is I believe the size of the wii fan is 40x40x20 mm is that correct?

Basically I'm wondering if I can use any old generic 40x40x20 fan with a 2 pin molex connector, or if I have to get one pretty much made specifically for the wii (I'm assuming any old fan that fits the specs would work) The only thing I can see different is those two screws in the wii fan, that others wouldn't have.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can use any fan that matches the parameters
but you need to check more than size
-at least matches max voltage
-does not exceed max current
-at least matches produced airflow in dependence of voltage for all possible voltages
the connector/cable can always be changed

buying one designed for wii might be easier unless you can check that or are willing to take a risk

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys
smile.gif
Can someone confirm the specs for me? I believe the voltage and amps on the wii internal fan is 5V and 0.21A and as I said I believe its a 40mm fan, but I could be wrong on that as well.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
kyle007 said:
Thanks guys
smile.gif
Can someone confirm the specs for me? I believe the voltage and amps on the wii internal fan is 5V and 0.21A and as I said I believe its a 40mm fan, but I could be wrong on that as well.

Well I just had a look at a spare Wii fan I have lying around and it says 5V 0.03A not 0.21A.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.