Homebrew Wii emulation Vs. Xbox Emulation

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I did my research before creating this thread. I originally landed in this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-vs-xbox-1-in-terms-of-emulators.333226/

It is a couple years old now. But I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are now regarding this subject. Do you guys like emulation via wii or via the original xbox?

I personally have both consoles modded and with upgraded hard drives. But I'm curious what other members think.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite having to ftp everything over to the original xbox compared to just using a usb stick/hard drive and sd card/microsd card with adapter with the wii, i still prefer the original xbox in terms of emulation if i had to choose. It can emulate many more things then the wii can.
Never figured out how to upgrade ram or hard drive in the original xbox though so i still use the standard 8gb one.

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm various pros and cons on each console.

Xbox: Virtual Memory Manager is implemented on FBA for Xbox for many drivers and Killer Instinct 1 and 2 run at nearly 100%. FTPeing is a BREEZE and does ZERO physical damage to your storage device or needs zero plug unplug your USB drive/SD card etc Also I feel that the Xbox 1 HDD is WAY faster in data transfer than the GC using either method (comparing not only the time launching roms, emus, but the same game on both consoles I.E: Mortal Kombat Armageddon etc). "Template" emus frontends or guis from Xport or Madbab feels GOOD too. Coinops its SORCERY too XD Xbox Originals. . 720p is a Plus and filters on most emus with no penalty on performance! XBMC and skins are a plus.

PSX is a 50/50 AFAIK on both consoles.

N64 is WAY better on Wii than on Xbox, I would say 75/35. I wish someone ported MUPEN to Xbox instead of Surreal.

Wii I personally see that Snes is FLAWLESS on Snes9X. That 240p output helps too on MANY emulators(Xbox 1 cant or they havent found a way to do 240p). Default better controls (Classic Pad vs Xbox S Controller IMO). Gamecube support is awesome on Wii.

Wii is WAY easier to hack, but once the Xbox is hacked... Wow. There is so MUCH you can do. Wi is WAY MORE PORTABLE than the Xbox Behemoth.

Both are really GOOD on CRTs with component cables.

All of this should be taken as personal opinion and personal experience. I love and still use BOTH consoles XD

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my personal experience, i definitely choose Wii. 240p is an incredible plus, there's a large array of consoles / games emulated that run 100% fine, and the easyness of adding emulators and games is totally great. Console size helps too!

Reactions: MKKhanzo

realg123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys! I love my original xbox. I've been modding them for years. Right now I have an original xbox with a 750GB IDE hard drive and a Wii with a 320GB hard drive.

I also have another Modded Xbox with a 250GB Hard Drive, someone wants to trade their Wii with a 500B HDD, but not sure if I should keep the 250GB Xbox for backup purposes or go ahead and trade it.

Does the Wii have anything like CoinOPS?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arcade games are the top thing for emulation in comparison to the Wii. The rest are better on the Wii since they still have ongoing support. I would keep the Xbox. You would lose all of the Xbox game collection that wasn't cross-platform with Wii (the majority) so think about that too. I have 3 of them that I keep around for all of the above.

Reactions: realg123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-