Hardware Wii DVD unit Flatcable for sale?

Nicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

anyone know where to buy such a flatcable? Or anyone has a broken Wii, and want to sell the flatcable?

i have broken mine, because of a wiikey installment. There's one line that has been broken, and now i can't play any disc.

Help is very appreciated.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you know which line you could install a wire (will be quite a job if you have bad hardware or are inexperienced).

bare_pins(big).jpg

On the drive side some (if not all but you might have to look a while) of the lines have pads which could make it easier. No love on the other side though; http://wiire.org/Wii/console/motherboard
Unless you want to solder to the back of the Wii mainboard which (I THINK) has solder pads from the flatcable connector;
http://wiire.org/images/3/3f/Wii_mb_btm.jpg

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The line is broken on the cable iteself? The pcb and everything is fine? It's possible to fix it yourself by getting some conductive ink. An easy source for this is your auto parts store. Autozone sells a rear window defrost repair kit, which comes with a little bottle of copper ink. Use a pin or needle and you can redraw the line. Once it dries, it's good again.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The line is broken on the cable iteself? The pcb and everything is fine? It's possible to fix it yourself by getting some conductive ink. An easy source for this is your auto parts store. Autozone sells a rear window defrost repair kit, which comes with a little bottle of copper ink. Use a pin or needle and you can redraw the line. Once it dries, it's good again.
Ghehe, great idea but I don't think that is going work for him. There is a hole in his cable (solderiron accident)
wink.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have pictures of the damage? If you're skilled enough, you could repair the cable.

Also, and I don't know how feasible this is, but you could cut the cable short of where you burnt a hole in it, and expose the wires enough to plug it back into the connector.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, either solder a thin wire to connect the wires that the hole killed (need to strip the insulation) or strip insulation, apply the copper ink, lay a thin wire, wait for it to cake hard, and tape over. Should work as well.
smile.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The easiest then still is either replace the cable all together OR lay a wire from solder pad to solder pad (as else you might ruin the parts of the flatcable that are still good, especially when you are not a skilled solderer).

Nicap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Easiest way is indeed a new cable. Still waiting for someone to send me some good news for the cable
biggrin.gif

Or maybe a wire, but i shouldn't solder it.
unsure.gif

pstroeven

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try an old cd drive from pc or dvd drive, loads of cables in rom drives.

You can slize them in size with a stanley.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-