Hacking Wii DVD LED not working after WiiKey installation?

geekrobot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tarunart.com
XP
Country
United States
So I installed my WiiKey and so far, rocken! I sealed the system back up and everything so far seems normal (knock on wood), except that the blue LED on the dvd drive faceplate is no longer functional. It flashes on for a sec when I start the wii up, but then goes off for the rest of the time.

I checked it in the system settings, and it's on there. I also took the faceplate off again and checked that the 2 pin connector there was inserted, and it was (red wire towards the sd card slot, as shown in disassembly vids/pics, plus it's the only way it fits into the socket anyway).

Any thoughts or suggestions? is there something in the section of the wii's guts around where you solder the wiiKey or in that dvd drive region that's easily knocked out that would be sending the signal that anyone knows offhand?

It's not affecting gameplay, so for now i'm tempted to wait if/'til I have to reopen the wii completely for other problems, but it does bum me out AND mystify me
huh.gif
. Any help would be much appreciated.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did you play the Wii before installing the modchip at all? This is normal, when you turn it on it flashes blue for half a sec, then it turns off.

The blue light only comes on if you have an unread message.

wii_ownz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
seems as though you haven't played with your wii before installing your wiikey. this is normal, nothing is wrong as stated above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@