Wii DVD LED not working after WiiKey installation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by geekrobot, Mar 16, 2007.

1. geekrobot
    OP

Newcomer geekrobot Newbie

United States
    So I installed my WiiKey and so far, rocken! I sealed the system back up and everything so far seems normal (knock on wood), except that the blue LED on the dvd drive faceplate is no longer functional. It flashes on for a sec when I start the wii up, but then goes off for the rest of the time.

I checked it in the system settings, and it's on there. I also took the faceplate off again and checked that the 2 pin connector there was inserted, and it was (red wire towards the sd card slot, as shown in disassembly vids/pics, plus it's the only way it fits into the socket anyway).

Any thoughts or suggestions? is there something in the section of the wii's guts around where you solder the wiiKey or in that dvd drive region that's easily knocked out that would be sending the signal that anyone knows offhand?

It's not affecting gameplay, so for now i'm tempted to wait if/'til I have to reopen the wii completely for other problems, but it does bum me out AND mystify me [​IMG] . Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Did you play the Wii before installing the modchip at all? This is normal, when you turn it on it flashes blue for half a sec, then it turns off.

The blue light only comes on if you have an unread message.

3. wii_ownz

Newcomer wii_ownz Member

Canada
    seems as though you haven't played with your wii before installing your wiikey. this is normal, nothing is wrong as stated above.

4. geekrobot
    OP

Newcomer geekrobot Newbie

United States
    Thank you for the quick reply, i really didn't realize that's why it was on as i've probably gotten to play the thing about 4 times since january. Work's been real hectic lately (and i'm a dumbass). [​IMG]

5. modshroom128

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States