Hardware Wii Drive not Ejecting or Reading games

Speff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have an unmodded Wii and I was wondering if I can check out the insides of the Wii. When I took off the metal plate inside I unscrewed the part above the Brawl disk and some of the white parts just clicked and slide to the side by themselves. Well I tried to put everything back together but now when I try and start a game it says it cannot read the disk. And when I try and eject the disk its not comming out. Help would really be appreciated, I'm kinda freaking out

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So are you saying you tried to disassemble with a disc still inside??? The metal plate you refer to I assume is the ribbed cover that goes over the dvd drive? Did you make sure that the connector and cable on the underside of the dvd drive were properly connected when you re-assembled?
There is a good guide on CORRECT disassembly of the wii on YouTube. Type in Disassembling Nintendo Wii and look for the one that is 10.21 in length by XtremeTekno (though why you would want to disassemble it unless you are modding it is beyond me).

Speff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh what can I say, curiosity gets the best of the at times. But yea, the problem was that when I unscrewed the parts that are lying directly above the disk got sprung out of place. After about 20 minutes of trying to figure out why it wouldn't even eject the disk (The process of ejecting was all mechanical), I found one of the plastic parts was pressed down hard on the disk preventing it from spinning of moving. Well, after using some metal switches on the side of the plate to move the parts back together, I screwed it back (Keeping the switches pressed, it was set to reset to the broke position if it was loose). Started the Wii up again and viola, the disk was spinning, ejecting, and playing Brawl again.

Sorry about the long paragraph, its to help anyone else who has or will have this problem.
tl:dr Fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wifi 7 routers are already out
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    and i'm still here on wifi 5
    all my stuff is wired anyway
    what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No real point in 7 unless you have 5gb which no real point in it