Hacking WII downgrader

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowrunneR said:
Installed CIOS37 successfully.

I tried downgrading to 3.2E in the available firmware downgrades using the downgrader and I get this error.

[+] installing system menu, please wait...
>> Downloading Ticket... ERROR! (ret = -1)

did the wii connection test and it was successful

is there a step I missed? do i need a version of ios30 in the root like i did ios37?
no you dont need anything on the root of your card, i run this from my laptop over network. a lot of people seem to have this error, i wonder, could it be your encryption type? try disable your key on your router and try again. see if that works
smile.gif

ShadowrunneR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using the wii USB ethernet adaptor so my connection is wired. I am able to go online and stuff but it seems to have a problem when it tries to download.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowrunneR said:
I am using the wii USB ethernet adaptor so my connection is wired. I am able to go online and stuff but it seems to have a problem when it tries to download.
oo, i dont think it was coded for the usb adaptor, i didnt have one in beta testing, and waninkoko didnt say anything to me about it, so chances are it doesnt support it. he might update it soon, but i think hes on a break at the moment so dont expect anything soon. sorry, you could always go to a friends house.

ShadowrunneR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's no biggie. If it gets support eventually then its all good.

I guess alex86 would not be happy about it though seeing as he probably has the same issue.

Maybe they can add support to downgrade from dvd with say a mario kart original or something rather than from the net. or is that going to be too troublesome?

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowrunneR said:
It's no biggie. If it gets support eventually then its all good.

I guess alex86 would not be happy about it though seeing as he probably has the same issue.

Maybe they can add support to downgrade from dvd with say a mario kart original or something rather than from the net. or is that going to be too troublesome?
it could be done, but i dont think that wii updates(from disks) contain all the information needed to say downgrade, i think they contain a patch over the current IOS.
he wanted to keep it simple, as getting all these wads would be troublesum for the user in his eyes i guess. i havent spoken to him for a few days so i cant ask him to update, but i dont really like to bug him with trivial things as he is busy.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Always I get this if I want go to 3.2J (from 3.3E)
First time >>Downloading and Installing title #10... ERROR! (ret = -1)
And I do it for the second time => >>Installing title... ERROR! (ret = -1017)
Someone help !!!

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dirt4life said:
Someone help !!!
why dont people understand that downgradeing to a different region will semibrick there wii, IT DOESNT CHANGE THE REGION CODE FOR GAMES. im gonaupdate my 1st post because people are getting confused

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dirt4life said:
Someone help !!!

I got the same issue, except I am downgrading within the same region.. x.xE to x.xE.

In fact, I get a -1 error on what I am guessing is the last file of the download (doesn't matter which number it has) on ALL firmwares, no matter what. I only succeeded in downgrading to 2.2E once, and still have no clue why it worked that one time.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Turns out that if I use another SSID with WEP instead of WPA, the downgrading works just fine. Might be losing connection to the router with WPA for some reason, so if you get a -1 error, try setting it to WEP.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm trying to code my own downgrader (pretty much only for fun), I know how to download & install stuff from nintendo servers, thanks to patchMii sourcecode (greetz), but what files are exactly required to be downloaded ?

- system menu files
- what else ???

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhm, no. nintendo would rape the scene for that, have any homebrew-related website taken down, etc.
that's even worse than "normal" piracy.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you are actually "walking" into the store and stealing the game that way. not only are you pirating, you are stealing nintendo's bandwidth and money for the servers.

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
Arakon said:
you are actually "walking" into the store and stealing the game that way. not only are you pirating, you are stealing nintendo's bandwidth and money for the servers.

Clearly -- the more efficient pirate.

It's environmentally friendly. Less switches hit, Less hydro usage though. JK

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
like i said b4 on this site im not a pirate and actualy if u think its worse then there issomething wrong with you because the cost of a vc isnt even a quater of how much a retail game in a shop is there by loosing more because of retail cd games not virtual games

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uhm.. VC/Wiiware games still have teams coding them, teams translating them, teams testing them and proofreading them. Each for several weeks. You think that costs nothing?
And like I said, what makes it worse is stealing them off nintendo's servers, abusing their bandwidth and server capacity meant for the paying customers.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arakon said:
Uhm.. VC/Wiiware games still have teams coding them, teams translating them, teams testing them and proofreading them. Each for several weeks. You think that costs nothing?
And like I said, what makes it worse is stealing them off nintendo's servers, abusing their bandwidth and server capacity meant for the paying customers.
dude shut up liostem it costs more for retail dvd games okay there by stealing retail games make them loose more so shut up dick and get back on topic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof