Download link

Source code

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sounds awesome, Doom is still fun, hoping for some kind of multiplayer mode (local & Online)
though.. i'll wait for newer versions, which will fix these issues:

1 Defect Accepted Medium ---- lnuxguy The Control Stick is buggy
2 Defect Accepted Medium ---- lnuxguy No IR.
3 Defect Accepted Medium ---- lnuxguy A and B to work on menu.
4 Defect Accepted Medium ---- lnuxguy No way back to Homebrew Menu.

I'd like aiming with IR.. and buggy controls would be irritating, also.. no way back to HBC? that means i'll have to get up and walk to my wii when i want to get back
tongue.gif
.. yeah i'm lazy.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
that would be nice
tongue.gif
@ supertag

hmmm tested it, indead some very buggy controls and movement, but it does work although there is still a lot of work to be done with the movement/controls... like making controls for changing weapons...

but like i said, it works and it is a start
smile.gif

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noONE said:
Sounds awesome, Doom is still fun, hoping for some kind of multiplayer mode (local & Online)

I'd like aiming with IR..

You couldn't aim with IR in doom because you don't aim in doom. You merely align yourself with an enemy horizontally (which is done via your movement controls) and the game does the rest. IR support would really be rather pointless in this case. I mean you could use the wiimote to look left and right, but then you'd need to cripple left and right support on the nunchuck to make it work properly and it'd be akward to run down the halls.. not to mention that there wouldn't be enough buttons on the nunchuck to play properly. (You need at least three buttons besides fire.) Also analog stick support imho is also pointless. Doom was played with keyboard arrows. Doom's controls were so simple that it was ported to the snes. Classic controller support is all you need.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
noONE said:

You couldn't aim with IR in doom because you don't aim in doom. You merely align yourself with an enemy horizontally (which is done via your movement controls) and the game does the rest. IR support would really be rather pointless in this case. I mean you could use the wiimote to look left and right, but then you'd need to cripple left and right support on the nunchuck to make it work properly and it'd be akward to run down the halls.. not to mention that there wouldn't be enough buttons on the nunchuck to play properly. (You need at least three buttons besides fire.) Also analog stick support imho is also pointless. Doom was played with keyboard arrows. Doom's controls were so simple that it was ported to the snes. Classic controller support is all you need.
The snes version was by far the worst version, GBA pwnt it

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
ZDoom amongst many other ports of DooM (Skulltag being my favourite) have IR aiming and it has massively increased the lifespan of DooM and wad development. I think this would be a great move for WiiDooM. The thing is, though, that WiiDooM is based on PrBoom which doesn't support freelook for the sake of 'purity' and compatibility with Vanilla DooM. PrBoom Plus does support this feature and hopefully (to my mind!) this could influence future development of this port...
smile.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
HowardC said:
noONE said:

look below:

QUOTE(Pedro UK @ Aug 23 2008, 07:48 PM)
ZDoom amongst many other ports of DooM (Skulltag being my favourite) have IR aiming and it has massively increased the lifespan of DooM and wad development. I think this would be a great move for WiiDooM. The thing is, though, that WiiDooM is based on PrBoom which doesn't support freelook for the sake of 'purity' and compatibility with Vanilla DooM. PrBoom Plus does support this feature and hopefully (to my mind!) this could influence future development of this port...
smile.gif

I've only played about half of the original DOOM/DOOM2
above that, i've played loads of mods and such (don't remember the exact names, but ZDOOM and Skulltag was 2 of those), which DO use vertical aiming, which i was/am hoping for.

Eikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Critiques

Graphics are washed out
No rumble when shooting
Couldn't figure out how to change weapons
Couldn't hit 'Y' to exit the thing
No music

I am sure all of these will be addressed as development continues. Here's hoping we see Wii Heretic soon too

Eikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, I'll give it a try. But until they get the nunchuk analog support correct, this thing is barely playable. Kind of hard to believe you could code a doom port for Wii, yet have difficulties with analog control.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
It was just updated today, check out www.tehskeen.com

i installed version 0.2 today but i didn't have any previous versions so i can't tell how much it has improved. what i can say is that the IR turning isn't quite right especially since the absence of an on screen reticule makes it hard to know exactly where on the screen i am pointing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: