Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you dump your images by yourself? are your images "moded" (region patched, trucha edited, so...)? which image does cause the problem? what size does your image have? how was it dumped (wifi, usb, sd, dvd-rom)?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R!zyk said:
Hi there! I have big problem. Every time when I want to patch the game it give me error message
frown.gif
I tried every backup-creator what exist... Do I need something special? What is DVDX? I read I don´t need it. I tried GUI version but unsuccesfuly. Where is the problem?

You do need DVDx. Please follow the step by step instructions in the zip file in my signature and it will work. If you havent followed that im not sure how you did it.
Also is the patcher giving trouble ? If so what patcher are you using and have you tried the one in my signature ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R!zyk said:
I downloaded it via torrent from thepiratebay.org and it is Star Wars Force Unleshed. This is the link [LINK REMOVED] Do you think it is already patched??

No i dont think thats patched , and i dont think your wii is set up correctly either.
You really need to download the zip file on page one or in my signature and set up your wii using that - there is a patcher for the PC on it as well so use that to patch the game

I would also advise to keep the original download as soon games wont need to be patched , but for now they do.

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help, I want to install wii gators new loader in Djtaz's sig, and well I know I have the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad installed and the DVDX Ios249 installed but what do I do to upgrade to Cios_fix.wad, btw, I also have a file called Ios5.wad aswell, what do I do with all of this... Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

R!zyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz: So, everything to Stage 2 is good. But when I want to patch the game it occure the same error
frown.gif
I can´t patch the game. Need I something in PC?

Edit: The iso have 4 575 659 075 bytes...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R!zyk said:
djtaz: So, everything to Stage 2 is good. But when I want to patch the game it occure the same error
frown.gif
I can´t patch the game. Need I something in PC?

Edit: The iso have 4 575 659 075 bytes...

I think the problem is with the ISO you are using - it may be broken - try a different one - sorry

@Screemer - Snap
tongue.gif
- your faster than me at this replying stuff
tongue.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..::MaxWell::.. said:
I need help, I want to install wii gators new loader in Djtaz's sig, and well I know I have the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad installed and the DVDX Ios249 installed but what do I do to upgrade to Cios_fix.wad, btw, I also have a file called Ios5.wad aswell, what do I do with all of this... Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

When i say i update my files a lot i really do mean that - if you had clicked the HOW TO in my signature or read the HOW TO in the latest zip you would see ...
Seriously , i do update it regularly - all the info is there if people would just look , but ill repeat myself once again :

Updating from the old CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
If you have the older CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad and some games dont work what you can do is the following :
Install the CIOS_fix from this zip and replace the boot.dol in the ISO loader folder of your SD card. That should work ok.
If you still have problems,
1. Uninstall Cios_fix
2. Uninstall CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
3. Uninstall DVDx
4. Reinstall Cios_fix
5. Re-install DVDx in advanced mode ios249
6. Copy the boot.dol file from the ISO loader folder to your Iso Loader folder on the SD card

R!zyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
Are you kidding me?
biggrin.gif
Fu*k...So long I was downloading it and now I have to delete it?
biggrin.gif
Okey...I try a different one. Thanks guys!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R!zyk said:
biggrin.gif
Are you kidding me?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
If you have an original game , go to the Homebrew channel and run the Wii dumper
make a backup of the original one and try patching that - takes 2-3 hours but at least you can confirm it works ok.

hope that helps ?

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating from the old CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
If you have the older CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad and some games dont work what you can do is the following :
Install the CIOS_fix from this zip and replace the boot.dol in the ISO loader folder of your SD card. That should work ok.
If you still have problems,
1. Uninstall Cios_fix
2. Uninstall CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad
3. Uninstall DVDx
4. Reinstall Cios_fix
5. Re-install DVDx in advanced mode ios249
6. Copy the boot.dol file from the ISO loader folder to your Iso Loader folder on the SD card

If I use the channel version, then I just cut-out number 6?

Btw, again what is IOS5.wad and what do I do with it??

R!zyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
R!zyk said:
biggrin.gif
Are you kidding me?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
If you have an original game , go to the Homebrew channel and run the Wii dumper
make a backup of the original one and try patching that - takes 2-3 hours but at least you can confirm it works ok.

hope that helps ?

I can minimaly try it
smile.gif
Thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..::MaxWell::.. said:

If I use the channel version, then I just cut-out number 6?

Btw, again what is IOS5.wad and what do I do with it??

Yes you can skip that if you use the new backup loader which is also in the latest zip file

and the how to in my sig also says :

Stage 4 : (Optional) Backup a game from the wii
1. Start up the wii and go to the homebrew channel
2. Go to the WAD manager and install IOS5 and restart
3. Go to to Homebrew channel once again and select Wii DVD Dumper (This is by Waninkoko v1.2)

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all, kudos to you for creating this extensive FAQ.

However, I was wondering: Is it me, or did you really not include any information at all on how to remove the thing from our consoles?
I would really like a simple tutorial about what parts I uninstall in which way and order.

dr99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i have 3.3 firmware will trucha disks not load with the backup loader or does this only apply to modchips?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
First of all, kudos to you for creating this extensive FAQ.

However, I was wondering: Is it me, or did you really not include any information at all on how to remove the thing from our consoles?
I would really like a simple tutorial about what parts I uninstall in which way and order.

No one ever asked me about uninstalling to be honest , but the WAD manager pretty much handles all of that - you just press Minus instead of plus to uninstall anything.
You do of course need the original installer of the files you have to uninstall them , which is why im leaving them in a folder called OLD for anyone who needs them.

This is one of the steps in the HOW TO :

Stage 2 : Install the rest
1. Go to the homebrew channel
2. Go to WAD Manager and load it - then press A to continue and select the file Cios_fix then press + on the wii remote.
3. Install the WingLauncherChannel.dol.wad (Thanks psycon/loesjoel ) or the GoldDiscChannelLauncher.wad (thanks compacho for design and supercool330 for making it) from the
WAD manager as well to make a channel on the wii menu for loading games.The both do the same.
4. Return to the Homebrew Menu and install the DVDx using advanced install with ios249 (pressing the right button changes the iso's when in advanced mode - darktehnub)
5. To uninstall any of the above select the file and select minus on the contoller .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff