Wii disc still spinning when powered off.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stephanie, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009
  1. Stephanie
    OP

Member Stephanie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This happened after I installed SoftMii/preloader some days ago. I tried messing with the settings, but none of it makes sense. If I enable "Stop Disc" does that fix it? I never enabled it before and it never continued spinning when Wii was powered off, but this was like a sudden thing. Is there also a way to make the System Menu show up everyime I quit a game or something instead of going straight to the health screen? I searched, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

~Steph

2. greenwatch200

Newcomer greenwatch200 Advanced Member

United States
    The reason why the disc is still spinning even though your Wii is powered off is because it's in stand-by mode. The only solutions to that that I know of is to go into Preloader->Settings and turn "Ignore standby setting" to on instead of off, or to just take out the disc everytime you power off.

To go back to the SysMenu instead of rebooting back to the health screen, go to Settings and under "Return to:" select Systemmenu instead of preloader

[​IMG]

3. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i just find holding down the power button for 5 seconds to turn the wii off fully works, crediar should be working on a fix soon im sure its just a trivial bug,

edit, ouch hard to type burnt by finger cooking breakfast, 1 hand typeing FTW

4. Stephanie
    OP

Member Stephanie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG] Thanks, guys.

~Steph