Hacking Wii disc dumper

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to burst your bubble, but no one has succeeded in accessing the DVD drive in Wii mode.

You'll have better luck hacking MIOS to allow it to read DVDs past 1.4GB.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm calling BS on this until you post your "custom IOS". That can easily be done before you start working on the disc dumping.

So, post it or I'll ask a mod to close this thread.

@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
teq said:
I'm calling BS on this until you post your "custom IOS". That can easily be done before you start working on the disc dumping.

So, post it or I'll ask a mod to close this thread.

@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.
I don't understand what's your problem ?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
I don't understand what's your problem ?

Well, let's see....

This guy came out of nowhere and after a week of posting, has managed to write his own IOS and can interface directly with the Starlet. Not only has it been made clear that this is impossible to do, but don't you think someone with a little more credibility and knowhow(Bushing, perhaps?) would've come across it sooner?

If he can come up with the IOS, I'll look it over and see if it's believable. If not, then it's all a sham.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people think they can just show up on the scene and start making claims.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:

Could you post a link to a tutorial of how to do this for me? That would be awesome! This is probably a newb question, but does this take away the connectivity to the wii? Thanks!

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:

Could you post a link to a tutorial of how to do this for me? That would be awesome! This is probably a newb question, but does this take away the connectivity to the wii? Thanks!

http://www.sockrocket.com/wii/

Includes pictures and everything.

As far as connectivity is concerned, no, it won't. In fact, the GameCube memory card is just SD memory with the pins traced differently. The Wii will see both slots occupied and will handle the data for the GameCube slot seperately from the SD slot. It pretty much becomes a 2-in-1 for about the cost of 30ga wire and solder.

If you still need to use regular GC memory cards, pop them in slot 2 and transfer them to the SD card.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:

http://www.sockrocket.com/wii/

Includes pictures and everything.

As far as connectivity is concerned, no, it won't. In fact, the GameCube memory card is just SD memory with the pins traced differently. The Wii will see both slots occupied and will handle the data for the GameCube slot seperately from the SD slot. It pretty much becomes a 2-in-1 for about the cost of 30ga wire and solder.

If you still need to use regular GC memory cards, pop them in slot 2 and transfer them to the SD card.

That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?

Make an SD Gecko then.

Use the same instructions, but on a GameCube memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: