Hacking Wii disc dumper

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
I hate to burst your bubble, but no one has succeeded in accessing the DVD drive in Wii mode.

You'll have better luck hacking MIOS to allow it to read DVDs past 1.4GB.
 

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
I'm calling BS on this until you post your "custom IOS". That can easily be done before you start working on the disc dumping.

So, post it or I'll ask a mod to close this thread.


@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.
 

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,035
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Somewhere in the world
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
408
Country
France
teq said:
I'm calling BS on this until you post your "custom IOS". That can easily be done before you start working on the disc dumping.

So, post it or I'll ask a mod to close this thread.


@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.
I don't understand what's your problem ?
 

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
Shuny said:
I don't understand what's your problem ?

Well, let's see....

This guy came out of nowhere and after a week of posting, has managed to write his own IOS and can interface directly with the Starlet. Not only has it been made clear that this is impossible to do, but don't you think someone with a little more credibility and knowhow(Bushing, perhaps?) would've come across it sooner?


If he can come up with the IOS, I'll look it over and see if it's believable. If not, then it's all a sham.
 

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
I don't know why people think they can just show up on the scene and start making claims.
 

Sportsmaniac1322

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,183
Trophies
0
Location
Forman's Basement
Website
Visit site
XP
266
Country
United States
teq said:
@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Could you post a link to a tutorial of how to do this for me? That would be awesome! This is probably a newb question, but does this take away the connectivity to the wii? Thanks!
 

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:
@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Could you post a link to a tutorial of how to do this for me? That would be awesome! This is probably a newb question, but does this take away the connectivity to the wii? Thanks!

http://www.sockrocket.com/wii/

Includes pictures and everything.


As far as connectivity is concerned, no, it won't. In fact, the GameCube memory card is just SD memory with the pins traced differently. The Wii will see both slots occupied and will handle the data for the GameCube slot seperately from the SD slot. It pretty much becomes a 2-in-1 for about the cost of 30ga wire and solder.

If you still need to use regular GC memory cards, pop them in slot 2 and transfer them to the SD card.
 

Sportsmaniac1322

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,183
Trophies
0
Location
Forman's Basement
Website
Visit site
XP
266
Country
United States
teq said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
teq said:
@Sportsmaniac, you don't need an SD gecko if you're willing to mod your Wii. Instead, you can wire the GameCube memory card slot to the front SD slot.

This not only allows you to do everything SD gecko can, but it also lets you use the front SD for GameCube saves.

Could you post a link to a tutorial of how to do this for me? That would be awesome! This is probably a newb question, but does this take away the connectivity to the wii? Thanks!

http://www.sockrocket.com/wii/

Includes pictures and everything.


As far as connectivity is concerned, no, it won't. In fact, the GameCube memory card is just SD memory with the pins traced differently. The Wii will see both slots occupied and will handle the data for the GameCube slot seperately from the SD slot. It pretty much becomes a 2-in-1 for about the cost of 30ga wire and solder.

If you still need to use regular GC memory cards, pop them in slot 2 and transfer them to the SD card.

That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?
 

teq

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1,232
Trophies
0
XP
5
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
That looks a little out of my league. Wish I could do it though, because that would be perfect! Does anyone know if I can use the SD Media Launcher from Datel instead of the SD Gecko to dump my Wii games onto with a Wiikey? I'm having a tough time finding a SD Gecko, and I've ordered from Datel before and I trust their company enough to order again. So can someone help me?

Make an SD Gecko then.

Use the same instructions, but on a GameCube memory card.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DJPlace @ DJPlace:
    do you need friends to play the games online for the switch exapsion pack i know snes and nes do.
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @El_Doot well hey hot people do get more benefits in life
    Gift
  • J @ Jephter:
    Please I need help with this. I just homebrew my old 3ds console and downloaded a CIA file, but after surfing through for only 10 sec or less this appears. please can someone help me? Thank you in advance.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Start a new thread in the 3DS board, the chat box is not the best place to ask for such advice.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    A week ago I got a payment request, through PayPal, from "[email protected]", who wanted US$64.
    Scam? Cancelled it anyway.
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    The note added to it simply said "Lucky Charms?", too.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    They're all after your Lucky Charms.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Hayato213 @ Hayato213:
    at least lucky charm is quite popular, probably my favorite cereal.
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I wonder...how would the gaming scene have changed had the Wii (and its bullshit motion controls and criminally neglected Classic Controller) failed?
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    Microsoft certainly wouldn't have experimented with the Kinect, that's for sure. Would Nintendo have released something like the Wii U early?
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    That would've had a different name, so as not to tie it to its failed predecessor (something the Wii U dearly wished it has gotten anyway).
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PlayStation 2 already had that EyeToy thing before the Wii, and a whole lot of games supported it. Microsoft would have had something like the Kinect even if the Wii failed.
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Planning to buy a cronus zen to record inputs to negate mundane grinds/farming, anyone have it? How is it?
    Gift
  • E1ite007 @ E1ite007:
    For some reason, some Amazon reviews said it was a scam 'cause it launch there before they made an official launch on their webpage...anyway, according to people, it's good...it was gonna be my first option to buy when I wanted something to farm in games automatically, but then I backed down since tax fees and shipping would have costed me a fortune to Mexico...
    +1
    Gift
  • SaulFabre @ SaulFabre:
    Wii was a great sucess
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Plazorn @ Plazorn:
    It was, it surpassed the PS3 and XBOX 360 sells
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I love the Wii ❤️
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When it's hacked it's a great system.
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    You mean your wii is still working
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    With a little help from VIagra, but yes.
    Gift
  • Gift
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtu.be/Hj7LwZqTflc