Hardware Wii disc channel not working for gamecube

Kahron_RB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
So has stated in the title I have a problem with the Wii disc channel that works ONLY FOR WII GAME.
I been using USB Loader GX to play my GC game with nintendont with more or less success.

So I'm looking for a solution to use my GC game normally via the disc channel or worst case to have a hacked disc channel version that works the same.

What I can say about the system i have is limited because I hacked it a while ago and im not up to date with that.

Menu System: 4.2E (v482)
Priiloader Installed
Homebrew channel 1.1.0 IOS58
USB loader GX Rev 1271 IOS249 ( rev 65535)
Nintendont v5.486

I looked online to found a solution for a while and never came up with something so far.
If anybody knows something?

Stargazer58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your model an rvl-001 or rvl-101? If the Wii buttons are sideways you can’t play GameCube games. Also, if you don’t insert the disc and there is only a blue Wii disc then you cannot play GameCube games. You can also check the top of the wii (if you have it vertically.) and see if you can open the top. If you can’t then you can’t play GameCube games.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still have DIOS MIOS installed (the pre-nintendont gamecube loader)? That broke the disk channel wrt gamecube.

You'll want to replace the stock mios if so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol