Wii Corrupted files on 3.2u?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rice923, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008

Wii Corrupted files on 3.2u? by Rice923 at 5:53 AM (1,105 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently installed cIOS37 rev3 after re-installing the HBC (it stopped working for some reason so I re-installed it). After the HBC install, I did not take out the HBC installation disk and went straight to the cIOS installation. The cIOS installation was successful, but I got a "Wii system files are corrupted" message as it rebooted. I started to panic because I thought I bricked my wii, but I took out the HBC disk and rebooted the Wii manually. It booted just fine without an corrupt message. I then downgraded to 3.2u from 3.3u. The Downgrader tells me that an error occured and it rebooted. I checked the firmware version and it was actually 3.2u despite the error message. The Wii also tells me that my system files are corrupt everytime the HBC disk is in the slot at boot up.

What's happening to my wii? This didn't happen to my girlfriend's wii when I downgraded for her. Do I need to worry about anything? Semi-brick?

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Uh...it tells me that it didn't downgrade anything. Only 3.3-3.2 number, but nothing else. Try downgrading again, to 3.1

3. fly_us

Member fly_us GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not sure about your case, but everytime i put a Trucha signed disc into my friend's wii with 3.3u, it say the system files are corrupted instead of the cannot read disc message like my set. Downgrade back to 3.2u then everything work fine.

in your case i think there are some files or code of 3.3u still there when downgrade back since there is an error. Try downgrade again to another firmware, then upgrade back and see.

4. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I upgraded to 3.3u again and proceeded to downgrade back to 3.2u without an error this time. Everything works fine now. Thanks guys.