Hardware Wii controller speaker buzz

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 nintendo OEM Wii motes and I was playing Silent Hill and I noticed this REALLY fucking annoying buzzing noise that's coming from the wii mote's speaker. Turning the wiimote's volume up or down or to 0 does nothing to change it at all.

The noise only occurs when the game is active. The sound goes away when I go to the Home menu.

It happens on 2 wii motes, so the controller isn't defective.

It's happened before on some other game, I can't remember the title. But it was so bad I had to stop playing it after less than a minute.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
just disable sound from the wiimote.. its imposible u get sound from it if u have a volume of 0..
ohmy.gif
...?

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheNewbPleaser said:
just disable sound from the wiimote??
QUOTE('gir489') said:
Turning the wiimote's volume up or down or to 0 does nothing to change it at all.

EDIT

QUOTE(TheNewbPleaser @ Dec 9 2009, 10:30 PM)
just disable sound from the wiimote.. its imposible u get sound from it if u have a volume of 0..
ohmy.gif
...?
When I have it at 0 in games like resident evil dark chronicles, it's even louder than max volume.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it to be interference too, but why would pulling up the homepage and running other games make the noise go away?

Also, the noise goes away for half a second every time I plug in the nunchuck or take it out.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested on another Wii.

Same buzzing effect.

The other Wii had cIOS 14 and Hereme's IOS 222/223. Tried on all 3 and both produced the buzzing effect.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
I have exactly the same issue with a wiimote i bought from hong kong. Some games got the buzzing. I think i had that problem with house of the dead overkill. I think it may just the wiimote is the prob in my case. I only have the one controller so i can't try it with an official pal wiimote at the moment!

I also notice that i get interference when using gibson les paul guitar and guitar games but i've pinned the cause of that to interference as i have lots of gadgets in the room. If i walk to the corner of the room the interference reduces.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure it's not atmospheric noise? I read a review of the game that mentions the wii remote acts as the radio in this game so it crackles and pops like a radio, is used like a cell phone, etc. Maybe it's intentional by design of the game... not that that'd explain it happening in multiple games...

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a GSM buzz, I know what GSM buzz sounds like.

It has to do with the game.

I think it could be the WiiMotes themselves, but they are official Nintendo controllers.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I figured the source of the problem.

Out dated IOS/oldCIOSCORP installs.

The buzzing also occurs on House of the Dead Overkill and The Conduit. Two games I played before Silent Hill that didn't have the buzz before on the same controllers.
smile.gif

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used NUSD with the 12/5 Database and downloaded every non-stub IOS and installed it as a WAD.

The buzzing noise still persists.

It happens on:

The Conduit
Silent Hill
House of the Dead: OVERKILL

EDIT: If I backup all my saves to an SD card, and flash my old working 4.1U image back on, do you think that will fix it?

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon.

Someone must know something about this.

EDIT: After comparing these to official OEM (for sure) controllers, I have found these are counterfeit controllers.

Of course, when using the real controllers the buzzing does not occur.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
gir489 said:
I believe I figured the source of the problem.

Out dated IOS/oldCIOSCORP installs.

The buzzing also occurs on House of the Dead Overkill and The Conduit. Two games I played before Silent Hill that didn't have the buzz before on the same controllers.
smile.gif

Yeah it defintely happens with my 'hong kong' wiimote with House of the Dead Overkill & GH3.

I have never touched cioscorp before and probably never will so i dont think that is the issue!

I softmodded my friends pal wii to 4.0 using wani's 36r10 rev using exactly the same process as i followed to mod my wii except i updated my cios to 38r14 and 4.1e sm and he also has the same prob with house of the dead, overkill with his official uk wiimote.
I used this guide:ULTIMATE System Menu 4.1 Guide, Backup Loaders Disc Channel USB
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835&st=1650

I have not tried The Conduit as yet but will test it! I will also try them again through hiberns cios and see if this makes any difference!

wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1