Hacking Wii-Clip Install!

aligborat69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought i would share my experience with the Wii-Clip. I ordered last week and came today. Its really well built and does the job perfectly. All you need to do is solder the points on the d2ckey to the points on the wii-clip which is easy. Then carefully line it up over the D2C chip and push it down, its a really tight fit and hard to come loose.

For the people that said its crap before they have even seen it, they were talking crap because it works and well too!

Tested some games and all worked fine.

The Wii was not mine, but its PAL, 3.1E.

dsc03659br9.jpg

dsc03686ee2.jpg

dsc03687gh9.jpg

dsc03701sz4.jpg

dsc03704nb4.jpg

dsc03705pz1.jpg

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not so much that the DVD drive needs the air, but it lets air pass between the drive and the other half of the Wii.

The Wii is not designed with random things. It's far too compact and too highly engineered. They take years designing the form factor for things like this. The hole is there for a reason, even if you or I don't know what that reason is.

spirited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang that thing looks pretty big, i'd rather just recommend the wasabi, too bad i heard about it the day after i bought the argon :[

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
worst luz type moaners, the guy is just sharing info that the wiiclip works for anybody that doubted it, looks really easy to install, good on you mate. let us know if you run into any problems with it. sharing verified information is what these forums are about, which is what he did, where is your proof that it will make his wii overheat, install one yourself and post pictures of your burnt out wii before criticising this guy. btw, you miss luzz?

IIoWoII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dun think the drive will overheat...
But the chip looks like it will...
I mean, where can the heat go?

Or doesn't the drivechip produce much heat?

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
we will have to wait and see, this clip is still new and a genius way to install the d2ckey for all the noobs. i took one look at the flexpcb and still thought it looks hard to install, this looks 100x easier. but unless someone tries it then no one will know. i already have a wiikey installed but i love reading the solutions ppl come up with to hack stuff. thanks to all those hackers out there and all the ppl that take the first step rather than just asking "does it work on pal".

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
Come back in a couple of months when your wii overheats since there is no airflow under your DVD drive.

Your awesome product blocks a hole....the hole is there for a reason

If his drive overheats all he has to do is unclip the wiiclip and send it to nintendo.

Thanks to that clip there is nothing soldered directly to the board and there is no way for Nintendo to tell it's been tinkered with. Unless he removed the rubber pads and white screw covers like an animal hehe.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bob Loblaw said:
OzModChips said:
Come back in a couple of months when your wii overheats since there is no airflow under your DVD drive.

If his drive overheats all he has to do is unclip the wiiclip and send it to nintendo.

Thanks to that clip there is nothing soldered directly to the board and there is no way for Nintendo to tell it's been tinkered with. Unless he removed the rubber pads and white screw covers like an animal hehe.
It's not that easy, because ones opened wii nintendo will ask money for it, modchip or not

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hit said:
Bob Loblaw said:
OzModChips said:

It's not that easy, because ones opened wii nintendo will ask money for it, modchip or not

There's absolutely no way to tell if a Wii has been opened. Unless, like I said, one removes the rubber pads on the outside without care.
It doesn't have a warranty sticker like the 360.

aligborat69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive only just had a chance to check my thread and noticed some random moans from luz type moaners (as the supporting guy said above), if you dont like it, dont read the thread.

Im sure theres hundreds of people who have seen the pics and at least now know the wii-clip works like it should.

Indeed that disc is Labelflashed with FIFA08 disc label, its not upside down.

If people didnt demonstrate their findings and photographed installs, this hacking section of gbatemp would be boring.

Im happy with the way it works, its a really tight fit, in fact you have to put it down one side and kind of apply pressure onto the otherside to slide it on. Its very stable though.

With regards to this whole overheating thing, i think its crap and if you are really worried, just change the base to one with an extra fan.

The Nintendo thing is true, there is no way to tell it has been opened, they have not left any sort of seal which you need to break like other consoles.

For the few people that appreciated this thread, glad you did.

Next time i test stuff out, i wont bother posting my findings here, because you only get lazy people who just take take take and give nothing but their lame comments back to the community. I was one of the first to get the clip, i assumed people would be excited to know if it works.

@yee_tsou: could they be any more luzz type moners

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: