Hi guys,

i have a jap wii (wikey 1.9b , 3.2j)
after convert my wii jap to wii us using Any Region Changer ,
now system menu in english
mii channel in english
photo channel in english
wiiware still playable
homebrew channel still playable
but cannot read wii backup games..... i think all of them( which is playable on wii jap)

any help will be appreciate
thanks in advance

nilocz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If your backups are NTSC-J they may need converting to NTSC-U
most of the backups are region free

Have you tried booting through gecko os?
don't know what is gecko os yet will try later

I think you need to change your chip's region setting through the WiiKey config disc.
i have set the console setting to japanese on the Any Region Changer setting but if i want to set the wiikey config which version am i going to use?(us or jap)or do i need to do the 1.9s update ?

thanks for the quick respond guys

nilocz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my wii dont read gc backup games also

1.9s update disc "unable to read refer wii menual bla,bla.bla........"

look like wiikey failure

bobby8850

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
try the steps as follow:

1.Change console region back to japan
2.Use jap wiikey cinfig disc to "off" the region
3.now use Any Region Changer to USA region
4. Use wiikey usa config disc to "on" the region

Done

biggrin.gif

hai_haifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
has anyone tried any region on jap - wii with D2CKEY?

do i need to update short the jumper on the d2ckey, or not?

if i use any region on jap - wii with d2ckey, is it still continue to read backups?

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
i tried the Any Region in my 3.2J Wii with D2Ckey on it.
After i change to USA and english, all my Wii games has stoped working, but i could boot then using GeckoOS. I think it´s because the jumper in D2Ckey is set to Jp, and i needed to change to US.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kindaichi said:
Hi there,
After i change to USA and english, all my Wii games has stoped working, but i could boot then using GeckoOS. I think it´s because the jumper in D2Ckey is set to Jp, and i needed to change to US.

Bingo. Your Wii is set to boot USA region discs, yet your modchip is telling the system these games are all Japanese, so your Wii will not boot them. People shouldn't mess with these tools until they are absolutely sure of what they do. Be careful with this stuff.

*edit*
Actually, you could probably use AnyRegion Changer to change the disc region to Japanese (the GAME setting...affects the region of discs and channels that will be booted), assuming you have the HB Channel installed. Probably better to use the switch on your modchip though.

Pd69LJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9thSage said:
Actually, you could probably use AnyRegion Changer to change the disc region to Japanese (the GAME setting...affects the region of discs and channels that will be booted), assuming you have the HB Channel installed. Probably better to use the switch on your modchip though.

so ur means that if i do not change the game region, my JP console still can launch JP original & backups without any changes (of coz the mod-chip region settings matched the console's region) my right??? and the channels what i downloaded before from the JP shopping channel still working??? i just wondering if i keep my console's game region in JP and change the shop country code to US then download & install a channel, will works also??? cus i changed my console's language and console area from JP to US, and the channels what i downloaded after changed the region all dead, lunched the channel and only one error msg: the channel cant be used... so is this the game region problem??? but i saw somebody changed the language, area, and game region all these 3 setting to US still got this issue, but im not sure the dead channel's region is JP or US

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Wiikey have no special region check. You just soilding it on. If you change to to JPN region just use the Wiikey config disc for US instead.
That should be enough to make the Wiikey understand its on an US system instead of a JPN system.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pd69LJ said:
so ur means that if i do not change the game region, my JP console still can launch JP original & backups without any changes (of coz the mod-chip region settings matched the console's region) my right??? and the channels what i downloaded before from the JP shopping channel still working??? i just wondering if i keep my console's game region in JP and change the shop country code to US then download & install a channel, will works also??? cus i changed my console's language and console area from JP to US, and the channels what i downloaded after changed the region all dead, lunched the channel and only one error msg: the channel cant be used... so is this the game region problem??? but i saw somebody changed the language, area, and game region all these 3 setting to US still got this issue, but im not sure the dead channel's region is JP or US

Uh, if I understand what you're saying, any channels that you downloaded before converting your Wii's system menu to US (from the Japanese Shop Channel, or whatever) won't work if the GAME setting is anything but Japanese. You could use StarFall (assuming you have v2.2U installed) or MenuLoader to play them though.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
The Wiikey have no special region check. You just soilding it on. If you change to to JPN region just use the Wiikey config disc for US instead.
That should be enough to make the Wiikey understand its on an US system instead of a JPN system.

Even so, to get it to launch, he'd have to change the GAME setting back to Japanese, load it (change the region), then change the GAME setting back to USA since his chip is making all the games 'look' Japanese to his Wii that now is expecting US games.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
linuxares said:
The Wiikey has specific firmwares for JPN/US/PAL does it not? Just using the config disc won't help. I think the Wiikey has to be flashed for the region of the console, in this case as it's now US it needs a US firmware.

http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html

As you can see there, there are firmware update discs for each region.

wiizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
9thSage said:
kindaichi said:
Hi there,

Bingo. Your Wii is set to boot USA region discs, yet your modchip is telling the system these games are all Japanese, so your Wii will not boot them. People shouldn't mess with these tools until they are absolutely sure of what they do. Be careful with this stuff.

*edit*

Can anyone confirm this method works? By changing everything to USA & English except the Game setting.
I've 3.2J with D2Ckey and I don't want to open my Wii just to change the jumper on the modchip.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
wiizard said:
9thSage said:
kindaichi said:
Hi there,

*edit*

Can anyone confirm this method works? By changing everything to USA & English except the Game setting.
I've 3.2J with D2Ckey and I don't want to open my Wii just to change the jumper on the modchip.

im in the same boat, would this make the jap wii pretty mych the same as a usa wii without me having to open up the wii,

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
The Wiikey has specific firmwares for JPN/US/PAL does it not? Just using the config disc won't help. I think the Wiikey has to be flashed for the region of the console, in this case as it's now US it needs a US firmware.

http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html

As you can see there, there are firmware update discs for each region.

Hey, I have a question.

I am currently on 3.1j and wiikey 1.9s, and I wish to use Any Region Changer to switch over to a NTSC-U setup. How would you advise me to go about doing this?

Should I use the 1.9s US version on it first before switching over? Is there a need to use the 1.9b US version recover disc first?

Thanks in advance!

emachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ricflairandy said:
wiizard said:
9thSage said:
kindaichi said:
Hi there,

*edit*

im in the same boat, would this make the jap wii pretty mych the same as a usa wii without me having to open up the wii,

any update on this? im also in the same situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: