Hacking Wii Brick Blocker - SSBB DL

Apakarta

Trophies
XP
Country
I hereby confirm that the new version of BrickBlocker does work with the DVD9 image of SSBB...
Playing on Wiikey 1.9g without problems

OMG!!!!!!! i want my comp now!!!! omg....
cry.gif
cry.gif

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hereby confirm that the new version of BrickBlocker does work with the DVD9 image of SSBB...

But is this the first time you tried Smash Bros X? Or have you used the dvd5 disc in anyway before.

Quote from a user at psx-scene

QUOTETested it out with a DVD-R DL burn @ 4x.

The game loads in the wii's disc channel. but when I click the start function it goes to a black screen and freezes.

I have not installed any (not even 15%) of the japanese update, so I'm assuming thats why it wont load.

Personally, I'de rather wait for the US version if theres no way to not update. I dont fell comfortable with any, jap update files floatin around in my wii. Guess thats just me though.

Btw, did I mention that i'm using a WiiKey, on a NTSC (US) console..

Hope this info helps someone, (at least save a blank disc if anything)...

-HHEL11

rabhw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But is this the first time you tried Smash Bros X? Or have you used the dvd5 disc in anyway before.

Quote from a user at psx-scene

QUOTE said:
Tested it out with a DVD-R DL burn @ 4x.

The game loads in the wii's disc channel. but when I click the start function it goes to a black screen and freezes.

I have not installed any (not even 15%) of the japanese update, so I'm assuming thats why it wont load.

Personally, I'de rather wait for the US version if theres no way to not update. I dont fell comfortable with any, jap update files floatin around in my wii. Guess thats just me though.

Btw, did I mention that i'm using a WiiKey, on a NTSC (US) console..

Hope this info helps someone, (at least save a blank disc if anything)...

-HHEL11

I'm 59% burned on my BB'd DVD9 version, I'll keep this thread posted.

rabhw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And yeah just to clarify, you NEED to install some form of the update on the disc (15% or 100% thats up to you) in order to play the game. So if the guy BrickBlocked his disc and hadn't done any update from Smash Bros beforehand, it's not going to work.

I have already done the 15% update, so I suspect my BrickBlocked DVD9 will work just fine.

rabhw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you can do the 15% with the DVD9, it just means you'll have to burn another BrickBlocked DVD9 copy afterwards to use.

Edit: No Surprise, my BB'd DVD9 version works fine. I'd done the 15% update using the DVD5 version, but the 15% trick will work fine if you use an un-brickblocked version of the DVD9.

Hope that clears stuff up.

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you can do the 15% with the DVD9, it just means you'll have to burn another BrickBlocked DVD9 copy afterwards to use.

Edit: No Surprise, my BB'd DVD9 version works fine. I'd done the 15% update using the DVD5 version, but the 15% trick will work fine if you use an un-brickblocked version of the DVD9.

Hope that clears stuff up.

Great !! So now we can finally enjoy Smash Bros Brawl dual layer without duplicate channel or swap.

Horkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so I can directly boot a brickblocked (1.3R2) DVD9 from the disc channel (made the 15% trick) with a Wiikey 1.9g?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah Vader Unser, had you already did the update with the dvd5? because it would change a lot of thing.
Yes, I assumed it was clear that it's necessary to do the 15% trick before the BrickBlocked version runs...

It's still good news for those who already did the 15% trick (I semi-bricked my brother's 3.1E Wii that way, btw, so be careful
wacko.gif
), and good news for Wiikey owners in general...

Horkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Baiano19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a NTSC Wii, w/ 3.0U firmware and I can´t connect my Wii in the internet.

If I use the brickblocker in my DVD5, will it run or it will still brick the system?

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
baiano 19 i believe you have to update to 3.1

now my problems:

-i did the 15% trick with the single layer disc (region frii)
-i can see the smash bros (dual layer regionfrii/brickblocked) in disc channel, when it launches i get error 001 'unauthorized device found'

i burned it twice on verb +R DL discs. i only had 2 of those so now i'm going to try burning again at 2.4x with fuji discs and brickblock/regionfrii

ANY other problem here? wiikey 1.9g/usa wii

PS what config disc do i use for region override ? my 1.3 config does not work

THANKS people i just want to play

EDIT well i will NOT be buying DL verbs ever again! these fuji +R DL worked perfectly.

i load the DL regionfrii/brickblocked disc, and swap it with the DL 'untouched' disc at the 'press start' menu
no problems
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one