Gaming Wii Black Screen of Death! HELP!!!

sw9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me. i have the black screen of death and have no idea how to fix it. I've looked on youtube.com and non of that is helping me.
I don't download stuff on it except 4 games off the wii channel with my points but that was a few years ago, all i have is Mario bros. 1&3, Super Nintendo mario world, and zelda. I watch netflix and hulu on my console and that's it. Now granted I have had my wii since 2006, but i take really good care of it.
Please help if anybody has any ideas and i would appreciate it.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Not enough info required.

Firmware version?
Soft modded?
Mod Chipped?
Steps you did before the black screen?
Black screen on boot?
Black screen loading apps/games?

There is many possible ways to why it displays a black screen.

Reactions: HNKii

sw9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not enough info required.

Firmware version?
Soft modded?
Mod Chipped?
Steps you did before the black screen?
Black screen on boot?
Black screen loading apps/games?

There is many possible ways to why it displays a black screen.

I have no idea. i know its old i bought it in 2006 when the wii first came out. how do i find out that stuff ur asking?
no steps before black screen it was working fine one day and then i dont know if it got left on or if it was turned off but when i went to go turn on the wii nothing but black screen. On button working the lights around the slot for the disc part lights up and u here a sound like its tryin to start a disc but no disc there. Oh black screen comes up as soon as i turn on wii. power button on black screen next.

sw9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me. i have the black screen of death and have no idea how to fix it. I've looked on youtube.com and non of that is helping me.
I don't download stuff on it except 4 games off the wii channel with my points but that was a few years ago, all i have is Mario bros. 1&3, Super Nintendo mario world, and zelda. I watch netflix and hulu on my console and that's it. Now granted I have had my wii since 2006, but i take really good care of it.
Please help if anybody has any ideas and i would appreciate it.

Also i had games on the console and never saved them to my memorycard so i'm pretty much screwed now of ever getting em back huh??

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you haven't soft-modded your wii? I'm not sure how you could brick your wii without first having custom apps on it. When you soft-mod your wii you run the risk of bricking it when you run certain updates, but if you haven't done that then I'm guessing there is some sort of hardware problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one