Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mundodisco.com.ar
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi all!
For those still trying to download Wii Backup Manager v0.7.6 build 79, check this post in MundoWiiHack (Brazilian site in Portuguese, but excellent resource for Wii and PS2 emulators and tools):

https://mundowiihack.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/wii-backup-manager-wii/

Scroll down to the middle of the page, and look for links that say "Baixar Servidor 1" (link to Onedrive) or "Baixar Servidor 2" (link to Google drive).

And once there, have a look at other (very useful) posts... and leave a message! ;-)

Regards,
Gabriel (from Buenos Aires, Argentina)

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I use WBM to edit a GameID for a scrubbed iso file?

WBM can't, but what you can use is Wii ISO Renamer v3.

I've used it a bunch to change IDs of modded titles or a title with multiple versions so each version is available and shows up in the loader. First, always keep a copy of the file you're working on incase it all goes badly. It has been a bit though since I've used Wii ISO Renamer, but if I remember correctly you'll need to use WBM to convert the title back to a full ISO, then edit it, and then convert the altered ISO back to a .wbfs file. Also make sure you add the new title ID and new game name into your custom-titles text document so it's recognized.

Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-iso-gametitle-renamer.145064/

Last edited by ca032769,

Mourno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys, im totally new to this forum in general and im not sure where to post, but i figured this would be most fitting.
Im trying to use WiiBackupManager to Convert some .iso files to .wbfs but its not working for me.
Im adding the file i want to convert and it starts adding it, after a while (sometimes almost instantly) it finishes adding the file but the file does not show up under ''Game id'' so im unable to transfer it. I have tried with several other .iso files but the result remains the same.

Im currently using Wii Backup Manager build78 the win64 version on windows 10 64bit os, ive also tried using the win32 version and also both versions of the Wii Backup Manager build76 but the results always remains the same, it doesnt work for me.
The .iso files im trying to use are wii .iso files mainly acquired from vimms lair, but ive tried from other places aswell.

Edit: i also get this error message when closing WBM

Attachments

• WBMfinished.png
    WBMfinished.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 339
  • WBMerror.png
    WBMerror.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by Mourno,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Welcome to the Wii Section.

Hey guys, im totally new to this forum in general and im not sure where to post, but i figured this would be most fitting.
Im trying to use WiiBackupManager to Convert some .iso files to .wbfs but its not working for me.
Im adding the file i want to convert and it starts adding it, after a while (sometimes almost instantly) it finishes adding the file but the file does not show up under ''Game id'' so im unable to transfer it. I have tried with several other .iso files but the result remains the same.

Im currently using Wii Backup Manager build78 the win64 version on windows 10 64bit os, ive also tried using the win32 version and also both versions of the Wii Backup Manager build76 but the results always remains the same, it doesnt work for me.
The .iso files im trying to use are wii .iso files mainly acquired from vimms lair, but ive tried from other places aswell.

According to your Screenshot,your ISO/Game is RED marked that usually means it is maybe not ok.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad the official site doesn't have direct links.
It used to have a 6seconds ads you can skip, and got the file. now I get my antivirus warning when getting the link.

We also used to have WBM on filetrip. all files were (supposedly) moved to download section. but apparently some files were still direct linked to filetrip :(

wiidatabase.de ?
build 79?

the official site only has build 78 as "latest" version.
the first post doesn't have any info about 79 either.
it was a beta?
And it's an installer instead of usual portable version? Fig2k never released his tool in installer format, even less for a beta never released officially version...
I wouldn't trust that.

Edit:
Look at first post, attached file. I uploaded Wii Backup Manager v0.4.5 build 78
I have old version too, but I don't think it's a good idea to attach them.
I also attached GCit r7 (Gamecube ISO Tool v1.0.3 Build 7)
Sorry for necropost, but I'm a little confused about the latest version. This guide (https://wii.guide/wiibackupmanager) links to 0.46 build 79, even though as you said official page has build 78 as latest (btw links are working right now)

Any ideas of the changelog/why there is a build 79? Should we use the latest official build 78 instead?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Sorry for necropost, but I'm a little confused about the latest version. This guide (https://wii.guide/wiibackupmanager) links to 0.46 build 79, even though as you said official page has build 78 as latest (btw links are working right now)

Any ideas of the changelog/why there is a build 79? Should we use the latest official build 78 instead?

New features in build 79:

- Antialiasing for the software cover renderer
- Covers menu moved to "Tools -> Covers
- Internal covers folder format is now "C:\covers\3d
- If a folder is selected, a path can be entered manually
- Only one instance of WBM can be run - this can be worked around by simply starting WBM from another folder

Thank you,honestly I never noticed it,that I also use this Version build 79.....:shy:
Yes,please,you can use this Version from the Guide.
There seems to speaks nothing against.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
You are right, this is the full changelog:

• 0.4.6 Build 79
    --------------
    |-Added: A little antialiasing for the software cover renderer. Still not as good as using OpenGL/Direct3D, but it removes some of the jaggies when the image isn't too large.
    |-Changed: The covers menu moved to "Tools->Covers".
    |-Changed: Internal cover folder format to "c:\covers\3d". I'm not sure why it was using "c:\covers\3d\%s.png".
    |-Added: When selecting a folder, there's a new dialog that allows you to manually enter the path. Use the button in the dialog to browse for the folder just as before.
    |-Changed: Only one instance of WBM is allowed to run from the same folder at any time. It's still possible to run multiple instances as long as they're not in the same folder. The main reason for this is that the database can't be shared between instances and would lock up the app.
Maybe @Cyan can update the main thread.

Also, is this one the recommended (best?) program for wii drive managing? For what I've searched and recall it is, at least for windows users (kinda revisiting wii stuff after 5+ years...)

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's the best I know at least. Certainly far superior to WBFS Manager, because not only you DON'T want USB devices formatted in WBFS anymore, but I remember that ironically, while it was designed for WBFS formatted drives, it only worked with ISO files and you could not import WBFS games to transfer. And it was prone to corrupt drives and forcing you to reformat them in my personal experience.

I've been using Wii Backup Manager for years and I have not had issues with it. You can even remove update partitions while transferring games in a single action to make them a bit lighter (between 150 and 250mb depending on the game I've seen, it adds up when you have a bunch of games).

With that said, I've been using 0.4.5 R78 for all this time, I guess I'll try the newer one later.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

You are right, this is the full changelog:

• 0.4.6 Build 79
    --------------
    |-Added: A little antialiasing for the software cover renderer. Still not as good as using OpenGL/Direct3D, but it removes some of the jaggies when the image isn't too large.
    |-Changed: The covers menu moved to "Tools->Covers".
    |-Changed: Internal cover folder format to "c:\covers\3d". I'm not sure why it was using "c:\covers\3d\%s.png".
    |-Added: When selecting a folder, there's a new dialog that allows you to manually enter the path. Use the button in the dialog to browse for the folder just as before.
    |-Changed: Only one instance of WBM is allowed to run from the same folder at any time. It's still possible to run multiple instances as long as they're not in the same folder. The main reason for this is that the database can't be shared between instances and would lock up the app.
Maybe @Cyan can update the main thread.

Also, is this one the recommended (best?) program for wii drive managing? For what I've searched and recall it is, at least for windows users (kinda revisiting wii stuff after 5+ years...)

As mentioned,I use it since 2 or 3 Years (that Built seems from December 2011 according to wiidatabase.de).:)

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I didnt know it had a newer version for quite a while, everywhere I look to download it is the build 78.
I made some changes to the translation for Brazilian Portuguese I did:

Changes on the Brazilian Portuguese translation;
Some lines missing were translated
Changed the word used for storage devices since it could be confused as the physical disc format
Changed the name of the Controllers section to Accessories since many games can use other types of devices as primary ways to play

Mudanças na tradução para Português do Brasil
Algumas linhas faltando foram traduzidas
A palavra usada para definir armazenamento (Unidades) foi trocada pois poderia ser confundida com o formato de disco físico
A seção Controllers foi renomeada por Acessórios, pois há jogos que usam outros tipos de dispositivos como formas principais de jogo

Attachments

• Portugues do Brasil.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 179

extracampine

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a hand with Wii Backup Manager. I'm following the setup instructions on the "complete softmod guide". In the settings, when I click "download titles.txt", I get the error "cannot open file E:\Apps\Wii backup manager\titles.txt. The system cannot find the file specified". I looked in that directory and there is no titles.txt there. But why does it look in the local directory anyway when the button says that it will download it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there