Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

sam6555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded this in hopes of being able to put wii/GC games onto a HDD but when I clicked the wii icon inside the folder nothing happened. The wii icon flashed up on the taskbar for about 5 seconds then dissappeared and nothing else happened, have I missed something out here?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hamelin said:
virusgx said:
On Wii Backup manager version 0.3.8 Build 61 I cannot Add Super Smash Brother Brawl...
You can't transfer SSBB at all, nor can you calculate the MD5 Hash. I assume it's because its got the two partitions due to being a dual layer game.
I can do both of those things, lol.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sam6555 said:
I just downloaded this in hopes of being able to put wii/GC games onto a HDD but when I clicked the wii icon inside the folder nothing happened. The wii icon flashed up on the taskbar for about 5 seconds then dissappeared and nothing else happened, have I missed something out here?
if you talk about:

wit:
yes, that it's a CLI app
but there are GUIs available

wbm:
you are probably missing some libs
check the readme

sam6555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PsyBlade said:
sam6555 said:
if you talk about:

wit:
yes, that it's a CLI app
but there are GUIs available

wbm:
you are probably missing some libs
check the readme

Oh well what I downloaded was WBM from the first post here from the latest version link, was I supposed to do anything additional to that? I see no readme's or 'libs'

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no special libs required, only 7z.dll and it's already included.

Try an older version (I'm using 0.3.6 build 48 and it works fine).
I don't need latest additions (automatic cover download).

Maybe try running the program in compatibility mode?
delete settings.ini file if present

sam6555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Cyan I tried the version you said and it works.
smile.gif
Before I posted I did try the version before the current one which didn't work either (at least for me)

Is there any list of recommended games anywhere? All I have is other M and TP d/led from a very long time ago when I just didn't get round to sorting my wii out. I am planning to get both mario galaxies and Pikmin 2. Does me modding my wii allow me to play GC backups too?

sam6555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another question. ^^

Is there any way t download the covers from my PC? My wii is a bit weird and wont find my router so I'd rather do it through PC, I just didn't see any way to manually find covers using WBM.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sam6555 said:
Another question. ^^

Is there any way t download the covers from my PC? My wii is a bit weird and wont find my router so I'd rather do it through PC, I just didn't see any way to manually find covers using WBM.

Using the latest build of WBM

Go into the options menu and then the settings menu.

You will see a TAB for covers.

Highlight it and then scroll down and select the loader your using.

GX
CFG
Wiiflow

Now save the settings.

Now in the drive 1 tab where you have your hard drive loaded you will see at the top an option for covers.

Just select download missing and it will download all the covers it needs for the games.

WBM will make a new folder for all the files inside the folder where you have WBM installed.

Just copy and paste them from that folder to your folder on the hard drive your using for the wii

Aso

Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Not yet.
smile.gif
I figured out the trick to raw sector writing in Vista/Win7 (because it's supposed to be blocked, especially on NTFS drives). I was hoping that someone could confirm that it formats successfully with these and other operating systems.

I've just started work on FAT32 and .wbfs file support. I'd imagine it would be at least a day(night) or 2 before I have it stable, time permitting.
I work and play on an NTFS drive, and it's blocked for real...

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aso said:
fig2k4 said:
Not yet.
smile.gif
I figured out the trick to raw sector writing in Vista/Win7 (because it's supposed to be blocked, especially on NTFS drives). I was hoping that someone could confirm that it formats successfully with these and other operating systems.

I've just started work on FAT32 and .wbfs file support. I'd imagine it would be at least a day(night) or 2 before I have it stable, time permitting.

why on earth would you respond to a post from 2009??????? Did you even read the conplete thread?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
icebrg5 said:
sam6555 said:
Another question. ^^

Using the latest build of WBM
Like he said : Latest and previous version of WBM doesn't work for him.
That's why he is using a version without cover downloading.

You can go to http://wiitdb.com to download either :
- full pack cover (in download section)
- individual game cover (if you don't have a lot of games it's the best way). do a search for your game title or game ID, click on "HQ" link above the cover if you want to download the high quality version.

Place the files in the specified folder of your USBloader.
(each loader has different path, check where they are storing them).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
Aso said:
fig2k4 said:
Not yet.
smile.gif

why on earth would you respond to a post from 2009??????? Did you even read the conplete thread?
Lol, I doubt anyone on here has read 144 pages of posts from start to finish.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, I doubt anyone on here has read 144 pages of posts from start to finish.
Oh, it looks like a thing I can do (and already did few times)
tongue.gif

I prefer reading other user's problems and see the software evolution to understand how something is working. (like 700 page of multiMAN to write a guide?)

But I agree, there shouldn't be a lot of users doing it. Maybe I'm not normal
wacko.gif

D

Deleted-119394

I made another template for the Wii Backup Manager. Maybe it's useful for someone.
One table with all games and covers. If you click on one of the images, the bigger versions opens in a new browser window\tab. (Would be nice if WVM could also export in jpg instead of png.)
Maybe I try to make a new one with css.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywfcuw

Copy the file "HTML table with covers.txt" to your "24005-WiiBackupManager-0.3.8Build61\export templates" folder. Now you can select it in WBM via Tools->Export game list.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I think I found something that might be a bug, when I ran Wii Backup Manager from the same drive and partition that I use for my wii games from a nearly empty 1TB FAT32 partition and tried to transfer a rar archived iso to it, it showed the progress for a second and dissappeared and the log had the error not enough free space.
Transferring the same iso when I ran Wii Backup Manager from my C: drive (NTFS 512GB about 232GB of free space) it worked fine.

EDIT: Also I have a question about Wii Backup Manager, does someone know what all the different options in the titles tab do. Like what does "Use WiiTDB titles for files and folder names" do?
It seems cfg has it's own titles.txt file which can even be updated from it's options menu so I guess it's supposed to auto rename regardless didn't get to try with any games that have strange internal names. but it would be nice to figure out how to rename the files and folder names that are transferred to the wbfs folder for organization purposes. (I'd rather leave the internal names stored in the WBFS intact though)

Dravial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem while using WBM, and I am hoping it is something simple. I am upgrading my HDD, and in the hopes of not having to reload off of every disc, I tried simply using WBM to transfer the games from my old WBFS partition (Which I mount on Drive 1) to the new one I made (using the format function in WBM, and mounted to drive 2). I entered 'select all', then 'transfer to drive 2'. A couple hours later I come back, and it looks as though everything went smoothly, however I notice all the games on the new drive are now slightly larger in size (ie: Drive 1 Game 'sdf' @ 1.92 GB on Drive 2 Game 'sdf' is @ 1.96 GB). The md5 hashes are all the same, and none of the games moved to the new drive will play, they freeze up while trying to load. I am using version 0.3.7 build 58 on a Windows XP machine, and I have never had any problems with WBM before (I have also never transferred drive to drive before either).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT