Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

RicZilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I keep the txt files to keep track of games and would rather have all my games in a single folder I think ill have to think about it thanks.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Go to Options->Settings then the NTFS/FAT32 tab, select "Store files in a single folder" under folder layout. Make sure that "Automatically update storage convention..." is checked.

The next time you mount the drive all the files will be moved into the wbfs folder. You can easily convert it back by changing the folder layout option again if you decide to.

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the best WBFS file manager for Windows by far. Simple, easy to use interface, actively developed, no dependencies (.NET, Java etc), and portable so you could stick it on your Wii hard drive and take it around with you.

Then fig2k4 stopped development. After several months it looked like it was abandoned...

Then fig2k4 came back and resumed development and everything was right in the world again!
bow.gif

Great to see you back continuing on all the things that made your backup manager the best in the first place. Like everyone else, really keen to see the new version and can't wait for what's in store once you get back into full flow! Thanks!
laugh.gif

counteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can tell me why wiibackupmanager is not seeing all the games on my hdd anymore? It could see all of them yesterday, and i went to add some more on there and now it only sees the first 17. If i move the first 17 out of my wbfs folder it won't even see the rest of the games. I don't understand whats happening. All the games can been seen in cfg loader and run just fine. I also can see them in the wbfs folder but for some reason wiibackupmanager has stopped seeing them.

edit: ah found my issue, Cars [STOE4Q] game was causing it not to read past that for some reason. Deleted and now reads all games. Sorry.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When can we expect a new release? Just wondering?

Also the renaming of the titles doesn't seem to be working anymore.
I'm using 0.3.4r4 and i have downloaded the latest titles from within the program but when i use the rename option some titles still stay the same as before.

EDIT: Download the titles.txt again and it worked fine for some reason when renaming the titles.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
icebrg5 said:
WiiBricker said:
*Sigh*

Wii Backup Manager is outdated. Dont use Wii Backup Manager. Use Wii Backup Fusion. It's new and based on Wiimms awesome ISO and WBFS tools.
Where's support for fat32 and ntfs?
What do you mean? Of course it supports FAT32 and NTFS partitions.

In the features i didn't see any mention of fat32 or ntfs that's why i asked.
I haven't had a chance to use the program yet though but will be shortly.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
*Sigh*

The new release will be any day now. I was actually hoping for tonight, but I've got a little bug I need to track down..

While I'm waiting for test responses, I'll make sure the renaming works OK..

Here's the changelog for the past few days..

|-Added: Loads of little error checks and interface improvements.
|-Fixed: Drive space was incorrect for unmounted FAT32/NTFS drives. Microsoft docs say a trailing backslash in the drive path is only needed with GetDiskFreeSpace() in Win95/98 = wrong.
|-Added: Options to set the locations of titles.txt and custom-titles.txt.
|-Added: Option "Target DVD write speed". When burning DVD, the closest supported speed will be used.
|-Added: Erase DVD function in the tools menu for erasable discs.
|-Added: Transfer to DVD functions using IMAPI2. Files are converted to ISO/Trimmed ISO on the fly while burning. Only single layer supported for now. IMAPI2 installation will be required on XP.
|-fixed: Game IDs loaded from selection files are trimmed of any extra whitespace.
|-Changed: "Drive" menus are now combo boxes. This is part of the fix below.
|-Fixed: When a drive is inserted and the a drive menu is dropped down, there was a "component name already exists" exception.
|-Added: Drive format dialog will offer to dismount the selected drive if it's already in use. Unless a transfer is in progress etc.
|-Added: Clicking on an entry automatically scrolls the selected column into view.
|-Changed: Double click to edit entries (instead of single click)
|-Changed: Default split size is now 4GB.
|-Changed: "Extract rar before..." option changed to "Archive Extraction" to select the sample size to extract when adding to the file list, or full extraction.
|-Added: Support for 7-Zip's split files (*.7z.001, *.zip.001 etc.)
|-Added: More archive support using 7-zip dll. (7Zip, Zip, multi-volume Rar, Bzip2)
|-Added: "View" menu to show/hide stuff.
|-Fixed: Incremental search now scrolls the selection into view.
|-Added: Startup options. Select a list of Folders to load on files page and Drives/Folders to mount on the drives pages.
|-Changed: Language file "settings dialog width" defaults to 400 and made the settings dialog a bit larger. lang files changed to version 36. See "US English.lang".
|-Added: Language file display name option in lang files. See "US English.lang".
|-Fixed: When hiding drives, the drives were also hidden in the settings dialog meaning that they could never be unhidden.
|-Fixed: Divide by zero error with transfers that take less than 1 second
|-Fixed: Drive formatting routines should be working as expected now.
|-Added: The app is now fully unicode enabled.
|-Fixed: Custom titles weren't encoded to UTF-8
|-Fixed: App couldn't be terminated when there was an error writing the settings.
|-Added: Mount mode for WBFS drives. Normal (Self explanatory), Force (Use this if the partition size was changed) and Recovery (Use this if accidentally re-formatted to WBFS or the header is damaged etc.)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:
WiiBricker said:
icebrg5 said:
WiiBricker said:
Wii Backup Manager is outdated. Dont use Wii Backup Manager. Use Wii Backup Fusion. It's new and based on Wiimms awesome ISO and WBFS tools.
Where's support for fat32 and ntfs?
What do you mean? Of course it supports FAT32 and NTFS partitions.
In the features i didn't see any mention of fat32 or ntfs that's why i asked.
Thought I'll have a go @ this & try it out

I agree - Where's the FAT32/NTFS options ???
as it doesn't seem to recognised my FAT32 USB HDD drive

> Click on the 'WBFS' tab & select [Load] - Get 'No WBFS partitions found" (which is true 'cos the HDD is FAT32 formatted)
> Click on 'DVD' tab & [Load] - get 'Can't open File' (which is obvious anyway)

Oh & 'Wii Backup manager' is not DEAD (as you can see above EDIT: WiiBricker : you posted just before my post so you already know this) - the developer has had a short break from it, most probably 'cos he does have a life outside GBATemp

Think I'll wait for the new version of Wii Backup Manager, as it got the one thing I really want.... remembering the folders/file & drive letter on startup (which 'Fusion' doesn't have)

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Here's 0.3.6 beta 1. http://www.4shared.com/file/JKC0heB7/WiiBa...r036-beta1.html Edit:link updated

Consider this a test version. I have tested it as much as possible on my systems, but I've had 1 report of the app hanging when selecting a DVD drive. I can't reproduce the error, so if some of you guys can test the DVD functions with a Virtual CD writer or rewritable DVD I'd appreciate some feedback.

If you have Windows XP/2003 you'll need to install IMAPI2. You can get that here.. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb932716 Without it, the app should work as normal but no writers will be detected on the DVD drive list (they're all considered as read only). You can see if IMAPI2 is supported in the log when the app starts.

Hit me with some bug reports so I can sort them out for the next release..

I haven't updated the language files yet, so ignore that until I get the new strings added for translators.

Cheers.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the latest beta i see the option for archive extraction.
What exactly is this? and what setting should be used for it?
Right now it's set at 16mb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: