XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fig2k4, yes, extracting the banner would only be useful for making channels... but I believe "CRAP" (Wiicrazy's channel maker) already has this feature, so it probably doesn't need to be incorporated into your app... or save it for last as it is the least important thing on the request list, lol.

there is another app similar to yours I thought might interest you, found HERE

one thing this app does that may be useful is auto-downloading/updating the titles.txt file from the source http://wiitdb.com/titles.txt. I'm not sure if this is already incorporated into your app though, so take it with a grain of salt as they say

again, your app is still my #1 fav, but sometimes looking at others work can be inspiring, lol

~patiently awaiting your release, xflak

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
These are results from a DVD test. I transferred 9 games from a multi-boot disc straight to .wbfs. 4.19 GB in total.
Then tried a direct backup with ImgBurn to compare the times. They're pretty close and both apps basically maxed out my DVD drive 99% of the transfer time.

It's almost twice as fast as previous versions, for me anyway.
smile.gif

dvdspeed.jpg

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking good! Can't wait to test and use your new version!

If you're looking for a quick easy installer app, Inno Setup 5 seems ideal... its freeware, quick and easy to use.

I've been using 0.24r2 to store all the backups as .wbfs on my NTFS partition to save space... they seem smaller than a scrubbed ISO.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
true a portable app would be great, but just cause it is packaged in a installer, doesn't mean it can't just extract and run from a USB device...

anyway, i am sure that this is way down on Fig's to do list, if at all.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Well, single .exe with the unrar DLL
smile.gif

I've just tested direct CISO->ISO. To play test and hex compare I converted the ISOs and original CISOs to .wbfs.

The games seem to work fine in CFG.

I'm not so sure about the hex comparison. The CISOs I used have had the update partition removed, but it seems like the data is actually still there. These games have been transferred from DVD to WBFS to CISO. In every conversion the junk data has been carried too, probably because of the 64 Wii sectors per WBFS sector. Now I'm copying 1 Wii sector at a time to the new ISO and there's no junk data. This sounds great, but how the hell am I supposed to compare that?
tongue.gif

I think as long as the partition table is OK and the actual needed partition data (in this case the game partition) is identical to the CISO's partition data, it should be OK?

I'll need to write a little comparison utility to compare the relevant data if that's the case.

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mentioned earlier in this thread about reading Wii discs on PC DVD drive. A quick search on the net reveals that only a handful of DVD drives can read Wii discs...

these are the ones i've discovered so far.

Hitachi LG GDR-8161b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8162b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8163b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8164b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-H10NBLK (SATA)

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thewonderer73 said:
Mentioned earlier in this thread about reading Wii discs on PC DVD drive.
QUOTE(fig2k4 @ Nov 24 2009, 11:15 PM) @yeswiican
Most PC drives can't read original Wii DVDs. A few can, but i can't remember the model numbers.
smile.gif
The DVD page will allow you to copy a backup DVD to WBFS and .wbfs just now. DVD->ISO/CISO will work as soon as I get direct ISOCISO conversion coded..
Already burned wii games can be read with any drive, only the original DVDs are tricky.

troy16d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thewonderer73 said:
Mentioned earlier in this thread about reading Wii discs on PC DVD drive. A quick search on the net reveals that only a handful of DVD drives can read Wii discs...

I have two of these HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B ATA and raw dump can read original Wii disks on the PC

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
thewonderer73 said:

this would only apply to original pressed Wii disks not backup coppies already burned to dvd-r which into any DVD drive can read

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thewonderer73 said:

There is also the Hitachi LG GDR-8082N It is a notebook drive.

morgoth123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fig2k4 said:
2 things that could be wrong..

1. You haven't unticked "Show only USB drives" in Options->Settings..
2. Your drive happens to be the first one found and is ignored because of my mistake mentioned a few posts back.

I can tell you i HAVE unticked "Show only USB drives" and my wii wbfs drive also isn't the first one found so it looks like something isnt working right because your tool still doesnt recognize my wbfs drive.

for your information (maybe it helps troubleshooting)..the command below works fine:
wbfs_file.exe -4 \\?\globalroot\Device\Harddisk4\Partition3 extract_wbfs_all W:\wbfs

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confused here, what's the difference between this version (Version 0.2.4r2) and this version (Version 0.2.4)? which one should I download and use?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Better waiting a while and using the new version for file transfers.

I'm just waiting on some final confirmation from redia that the final changes are OK and I'll post the link.

Here's a list of features to expect.. Bare in mind that it's a total re-write.

Simulated FAT drive, to work with a wbfs folder like a WBFS drive. Just mount the drive with your wbfs folder.
RAR/.wbfs/CISO/ISO -> .wbfs/CISO/ISO in any combination
Direct drive -> drive in any combination FAT/WBFS etc.
drive ISO/CISO/.wbfs
Backup DVD -> Drive/ISO/CISO/.wbfs
Multi-boot disc support using ISO or DVD. Extract single games from multi-boot discs.
Format drives using FAT32 or WBFS.
Choose .wbfs split size. 4GB-32KB default.
Choose Wii disc partitions to keep.
RAR files containing ISO/CISO can be extract before adding the file to the list, or before the transfer/conversion
Multi-threaded. It's possible to transfer to both drives at the same time, from files and DVD, while batch converting .wbfs->ISO, add a folder recursively, and then sit back and watch the log if you wanted to.. Menus and listviews are locked when you can't do any more with that page.
Roll-up progress panels are shown on each page as required.
Pause and stop transfers etc. at any time using the buttons on the progress panels.
Buffered transfers for maximum speed, but the speed and ETA etc. can be erratic because of it. Speed is more important IMO.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
people,

sit down tight before downloading the new version.
fig2k4 did some hard work on it.

I tried to be very thorough in my test procedure.
I am sure someone will come up with an error that I did not spot, but whatever I have been throwing to this app succeeded.
And I also did some ridiculous things, building really crazy scenarios with files moving from one file system to another back and forth in switching file format during each transfer and so on... But I did not manage to make it fail.
and each resulting file was hex compared to the original successfully. Except obviously the wbfs formatted drive, but for each scenario involving a wbfs formatted drive I would extract the game, and the resulting files were a perfect match...

Cheers,
R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confronts a nudist "Why be a nudist?" "I'm not a nudist you dick, I'm homeless and poor."
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I'm also saving 💰 . You know how much it is to just wash your clothes? pffffft
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saved 1k this month by being poor tbh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Been eating Ramen all month, but my PC is badass!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen still delicious don't care how much money I'll have
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'm eating less, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid getting called heavy again during this year's health exam
    +1
  • Minox @ Minox:
    There's only so many ways they can say "You're fat by our country's standards"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My cholesterol was almost 350 so really stopped going out lol
    [uploads some 🐟 for you] :D @Minox
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke