OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
It actually says UP09
tongue.gif
I'll need to look at this with fresh eyes in the morning or something. It looks like "Up" transferred to .wbfs OK, but then things get a little crazy with the other 2. Up does show as a valid disc when the drive is opened again after the transfer. The titles definitely look weird..

morgoth123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@morgoth123

Sorry man, I meant to reply to that because I've got every intention to add it. It would've been done by now if it weren't for these pesky bugs.
smile.gif
AFAIK from a quick search after I read your post, I can look up the devices in the registry and use that as the device path in the CreateFile() call. That might not be 100% correct, but I'll figure it out when the time comes. The sooner I get the bugs fixed, the sooner I can start adding features again.

Thanks for replying fig2k4..i'm happy you will try to fix this.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I dunno about everyone else, but I tend to get tunnel vision when I get tired, in that I focus on one thing too much and forget about the big picture.
smile.gif

Forget the indirect drive to drive bug and speed, I've just implemented direct drive to drive. No more temp CISO problems and the speed should be just as fast as copying a file.
Initial tests show that it's working fine using WBFS.wbfs with the same or different sector sizes. I just realised I haven't tested WBFS->WBFS, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work because it's the same code as .wbfs.

I've done a few binary comparisons on extracted ISOs as well and they're all identical so far, so it look promising.

Just a quick note..
The copied disc/game size is always dependent on the largest sector size of the drives. e.g I have a 54MB test game on a drive with a sector size of 512 bytes. I copy it to a drive with a sector size of 2048 bytes. The disc size becomes 72 MB. If I copy it to another drive with a sector size of 512 bytes, the disc will still be 72MB. If I extract the game as CISO, it will still be 72MB. If I then add this CISO to the 512 byte sector drive, it can be reduced to 54MB again. When I say sector size, I mean WBFS sector size, not the physical hard drive sector size.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
fig2k4 said:
Just a quick note..
The copied disc/game size is always dependent on the largest sector size of the drives. e.g I have a 54MB test game on a drive with a sector size of 512 bytes. I copy it to a drive with a sector size of 2048 bytes. The disc size becomes 72 MB. If I copy it to another drive with a sector size of 512 bytes, the disc will still be 72MB. If I extract the game as CISO, it will still be 72MB. If I then add this CISO to the 512 byte sector drive, it can be reduced to 54MB again. When I say sector size, I mean WBFS sector size, not the physical hard drive sector size.
That's why i prefer to call that WBFS block size instead of wbfs sector size.
smile.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've got WBFS working with drives that aren't mounted in Windows (no drive letter). From what I can see, it's impossible to do the same with FAT32 because I need the driver to do the reading/writing for me. I can format to WBFS and FAT32, but there's no way to read or write to the FAT32 file system without the drive letter. WBFS will just have to be good enough with that.
smile.gif

Hopefully I can get things cleaned up and released soon for testing..

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Just posted version 0.2.4. Let me know if I've managed to fix the bugs and the direct drive to drive works OK?
smile.gif

Edit: I forgot to include the latest addition to the log..

Added: Use WBFS drives, even when they haven't got a drive letter assigned.

Change Log

Version 0.2.4
Fixed: Duplicate entry bug when there's over 256 games on the drive.
Fixed: Cover loading. Now correctly handles invalid PNG files.
Added: Direct drive to drive transfers. All combinations of drive types and >WBFS block sizes< should work.
Fixed/Changed: loads of little things.
Fixed: Pause and stop buttons didn't work while building the URL list.
fixed: Batch download fails, where the dialog pops up for a split second and disappears.
Changed: The default debug level is now "normal".

Known bug: When the block size of the destination drive is larger than the source, the progress will be off a little.
Known bug: Progress for drive to ISO is way off because of the sparse files.
Known issue: The log view's a bit shitty, I knocked it up quickly and will fix it later. Just a repaint problem sometimes.
Known issue: Reading a large FAT32 game list is slow because I'm checking for invalid discs. Needs optimised.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
very nice ive been playing about with 0.2.4 and seems ok so far.

2 bugs ive found, first the "Export Games List" isnt working for me, it only produces this

Code:
My Wii game list 

Date: 18/11/2009
Game count: 360
Total size: 693.83 GB

Title: 101 In 1 Party Megamix
GameID: RYEEEB
Region: NTSC
Size: 2576 MB

Title: A Boy And His Blob

and secondly the batch download still crashes the app for me, totally unresponsive after it DL about 30MB of covers, it might be the list size(360 games lol) or that it loads each DLed cover as goes thru the list

not to be a pain just so you no lol

thewonderer73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Discovered a bug in the options/covers settings.

I added USA and Australia to the UK list of covers, clicked OK and a error msg windows appeared saying

Index (1) outide range 0..0.

I removed the USA and AUstrlia and error did not appear. Went back in and added them, error came back.

I did not have a drive connected or selected at the time.

Hope this helps

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using version 2.4 i still get phantom copying when transferring more than 1 game. i select 3 games to move, select copy to->drive2. the speed is ~6MB/s, and the time is counting down now correctly instead of counting up. when the transfer is complete, only the last of the 3 games shows up on drive2. the size for that game appears to be correct. the only thing i see in the log is where it got the entries for the second drive, even though it s set to full debug.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@pepxl

I'll check those out. I think I'll redo the cover download, so it's done in the background with the progress on the cover viewer. Individual covers could also be downloaded on the fly. Just like thewonderer73 suggested. Downloading 4 to 8 covers at a time would be a good idea too. It depends how many connections per IP the source servers allow. Building a URL list is a bad idea too with a lot of games.
smile.gif
I'll grab the URLs on the fly, as needed. Also, automatically batch downloading when the app starts could be handy, so it can work away while the app is running without any interaction.

@giantpune

I've added some more debug to the transfers. If the transfer isn't successful, it really should show an error. I've added a check to see if the disc really exists on the destination drive too, after transfer. It should let me know if somehow, the transferred disc is getting overwritten by the next.

Here's a test exe. It should show something helpful in the log.

@thewonderer73

Cheers. The same exe fixes that problem if you need it.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all my appreciation for this great piece of software! I was very annoyed by the WBFSManager because of it's unresponsiveness and it's confusing layout - this one is so much better.

Anyways, i discovered a bug in the cover downloader:
When i download all missing covers, my wbfs drive seems to get unmounted after a few seconds and the download process therefore stops. I'll pm you the full log.

pontomedon

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks for the log. I can see that the operation is cancelled. That's caused by having 1 global "cancelled" flag.
tongue.gif
What's happening is that the buggy drive removal code thinks the drive's been removed and tries to cancel the current transfers, but the cover download uses this same cancelled flag, so obviously it stops.

Before I added support for drives without assigned letters, the code was working fine. I had to skip a few checks I had in there before and the transfers were only cancelled if one of the used drives were removed.
I'll get on it anyway..

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Version 0.2.4r2 exe only

Added: More debug logging for the phantom transfers.
Fixed: Drive removal detection.
Fixed: Process threads are only cancelled when a used drive is unplugged.
Fixed: Removing a drive while copying from/to it should be handled gracefully.

Known bug: If your cover folder is on a removable drive and it's unplugged while downloading, the app will most likely crash just now.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Did you select the ISOs you want to copy? ie. tick the boxes..

The right click->copy hasn't been implemented yet..

1. Select your drive on the drive 1 page.
2. Add your ISOs on the files page and select->all or whatever you want.
3. On the files page, Copy selected to..->Drive 1.

I never disable anything in the "Drive" menu, so i think this is what you need?

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the updated exe, everything works fine now with and without drive letter.

I also wrote a little export template for Microsoft Excel readable csv Files, feel free to add it if you want to.

Code:
[Export Config]
FileExtention=csv
EntriesPerPage=0
SeperateFilePerPage=false
ExportCoverImages=false

[Export Page Header]
;Wii Games;;;
;;;;
Date;;%Date%;;
Game count;;%GameCount%;;
Total size;;%TotalSizeGB%;;
;;;;
GameID;Title;Region;Size;
[Export Entry]
%ID%;%Title%;%Region%;%SizeMB%;
[Export Page Footer]
;;;;CSV export template by pontomedon;

It would be great if you could release a list of variables that can be used in export templates!

pontomedon

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Nice. Shouldn't the semi colons be commas though? It works for me using commas.. See the readme.txt for some info on the variables.

The templates are very unfinished. I was working on them again when the explosion of bug reports appeared so if it doesn't work correctly, that's why.

I was doing an HTML template that can have multiple pages with previous and next links, so it's possible to browse through the collection with the cover images etc. I haven't even done the cover export yet. I want to add a list of resources that get copied too, so you can use custom images in the HTML templates etc. for things like the page header and general page design.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the updated exe, everything works fine now with and without drive letter.
Glad it works
smile.gif
Thanks.

pontomedon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Excel 2007 does not read comma seperated values correctly, displays the whole line in the first column, that's why i used semicolons. Another strange design decision from our friends in redmond. They should call it ssv ;-)

edit: guess i should've read the readme
biggrin.gif
.. your export template plans sound very nice, hope you find the time to implement them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm debating on wearing clothes at my dentist appointment