Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
is there a way i could use waninkoko's anyregion changer to switch my wii to pal and then run an ntsc game over the regular composite cable?

If I remember correctly, waninkoko did make a region changer, but not "any region changer". I tried switching to pal console, but to no avail. I didn't change video mode because I didn't want my wii to die unless I get component cables.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't you all think this is a little unfair?
If the internets just waited for a proper release, we would have a working one, since everyone seems to have problems with this.

And if I were Waninkoko, I wouldn't release it anymore...

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Weird. I tried it, and I'm getting a black screen with static sounds. Something up here? >_>
The loader detects what game it is (Blast Works) and it tries to boot. But I just get that.

It's supposed to be only working with component cable.

And if you are using component, I would strongly suggest you go to sleep.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When, we all just have to hope it's not a kind of a bomb that will fuck our wiis when wanin press a button :]

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JYC673 said:
Gaisuto said:
Weird. I tried it, and I'm getting a black screen with static sounds. Something up here? >_>
The loader detects what game it is (Blast Works) and it tries to boot. But I just get that.

Even with Component Cables it'd still load right?
unsure.gif

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
When, we all just have to hope it's not a kind of a bomb that will fuck our wiis when wanin press a button :]

That's why my Wii's not connected to the Internet
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

JYC673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
JYC673 said:
Gaisuto said:

Even with Component Cables it'd still load right?
unsure.gif

Yeah, the Wii loads the game anyways.

Gotta get me some of this new sleep-thing you are all talking about; just finished mah essay.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS!!!
I used a memorex DVD+R burned at 2.4x with nero (imgburn psh...).
Playing Mario Kart Wii (NTSC) which was scrubbed using wiiscrubber (but still unpacked to 4 GB) on an NTSC wii using the regular cable (composite). Load times are a little long but liveable.
Have not yet seen any black/white/eyebleeding issues...
I do have an hdtv tho, which supports vga input (actual screen res is 1440x900 i think but somehow it can do slightly compressed output from Pc at 1080... not sure)

edit: looks like wifi connection is not working for mario kart... gets disconnected from race afterthe players are chosen. I guess the game takes too long to load the server/client and the server thinks you timed out or something. :<

edit2: game appears to crash when moving on to the next race in a cup. :< looking forward to future releases very much.

next i will test sonic and the secret rings.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it installs as the fourth version of custom IOS249. Does that one still work then with stuff like the DVD dumper?
And how come the ios36 wad file is included in the download? Doesn't that contain copyrighted Nintendo code?
And does DVDX stlll work for DVD loading in emulators when installed as the IOS249 option?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Vegeta said:
There's a reason why the loader is "beta v0.1"
wink.gif
BECAUSE SOME IDIOT RELEASED THIS THING. its still in beta, do any of you know the long term effects of this. no. yesterday i almost broke my wii with this, no video output. so you hae been warned untill this is released in a final version.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
linkinworm said:
Vegeta said:
There's a reason why the loader is "beta v0.1"
wink.gif
BECAUSE SOME IDIOT RELEASED THIS THING. its still in beta, do any of you know the long term effects of this. no. yesterday i almost broke my wii with this, no video output. so you hae been warned untill this is released in a final version.

Either you are trying to scare people, or this hack does something more than just loading the iso and we are not informed about that.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
It was predictable, YOU idiot
rolleyes.gif

All that shit would not have happened if you could keep your mouth shut and did not post any youtube video to make you feel smarter
laugh.gif

and I hope we will have a massive wave of damaged WIi, this would maybe teach people to be patient and respect devs work

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
zapu said:
Either you are trying to scare people, or this hack does something more than just loading the iso and we are not informed about that.

Uh, using unfinished and untested software that runs unauthorised code on your console is always going to carry a risk of either not working properly or screwing something up.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
It was predictable, YOU idiot
rolleyes.gif

All that shit would not have happened if you could keep your mouth shut and did not post any youtube video to make you feel smarter
laugh.gif

and I hope we will have a massive wave of damaged WIi, this would maybe teach people to be patient and respect devs work
What was the point for bashing him?

It wouldn't have made a difference if he didn't put videos up or not, since the same guy who leaked the files would have gotten them anyways.

Blaming people like Linkinworm for something that was bound to happen isn't very nice.

Well, we just have to see what waninkoko does in this situation. Hopefully it's calm and level headed, an not something like QUITTING FOREVER>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong