Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That adds another week to the wait XD. Doesn't really matter to me, gives more time to make backups
smile.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If only a week, lol. Depends what level does he have and how often does his guild raid
biggrin.gif

@Raiyu: don't burn them yet cause they will have to be patched by wanin's patcher.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, does everyone actually believe Waninkoko updated his WoW account...which will result in late updates?

What noobs, I swear. Where's the mods when you need em'.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Uhm, does everyone actually believe Waninkoko updated his WoW account...which will result in late updates?

What noobs, I swear. Where's the mods when you need em'.

Use google translate on the linked thread at elotrolado forum... the translated quote is correct.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
marcan said:
Waninoko has stated (on EOL) that he has renewed his WoW account and therefore won't have much time to work on the backuploader.

You guys can calm down now.

Haha, excellent post =)

Anyways, if a ISO loader is released, we will notice.

Alternatively it could mean he is nearly finished and will have time for WoW.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I clicked on that link, I did use a translator for it. And saw nothing about WoW...And if it's true, then screw this project.

I know he deserves to have some fun and enjoy himself after working with this stuff...

But why the hell update his account when he set an unofficial release of 2-3 weeks? Now it's going to be 6-7 weeks.

EDIT: Just read the post above. You could be right. He is probably finished and will now relax with his interests!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
WoW. for better or worse, is a phenomenon. I think it's over 10 million paying accounts worldwide.

I know this is offtopic, but Blizzard has 12+ million now... half the world is playing, lol

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
blazingwolf said:
linuxares said:
marcan said:
Waninoko has stated (on EOL) that he has renewed his WoW account and therefore won't have much time to work on the backuploader.

You guys can calm down now.

Haha, excellent post =)

Anyways, if a ISO loader is released, we will notice.

Alternatively it could mean he is nearly finished and will have time for WoW.

or it could mean he is just pissed off for all the rumors about the loader, and to attenuate the pressure he decided to clarify that he is doing the loader during free time.

it's an alternative and funny way to reply to the question "when is this piece of software being released?"
"when it's done."

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He is not a kind of childish developer who is going to get emo when we post crap/rumors about him. Wanin is just doing his job and eventually releasing it is to public. He is not seeking attention, he is just having fun hacking the wii.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
you need to install the customIOS, so yes, you are going to patch your firmware in a non volatile way.

afaik the "package" is compreensive of:
- CustomIOS
- an homebrew application
- a windows/linux program to patch the game isos.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
When I clicked on that link, I did use a translator for it. And saw nothing about WoW...And if it's true, then screw this project.

I know he deserves to have some fun and enjoy himself after working with this stuff...

But why the hell update his account when he set an unofficial release of 2-3 weeks? Now it's going to be 6-7 weeks.

EDIT: Just read the post above. You could be right. He is probably finished and will now relax with his interests!

I know yeah.
If I knew how to make a backup loader and millions all over the world are eager to play it, I'd try and release it as soon as I could.
Sooner or Later, people wont be bothered to check everyday for news updates, and hype will start to fade and anger will appear because of the anticipation of the backup loader.
I hope you are nearly done waninkoko, if you're not and it could take 6/7 weeks, prepare for a lot of hatemail (Not me of course, I wouldnt do that, I'm just warning you for the possible future)
I hope it comes out on thursday next week, because I gave up volunteering in Presentation evening, so I could have more time to play this, if it comes out sometime next week that is, if it doesnt then I would think that September sometime would be a reasonable date.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hype wont fade especialy for those who are eager to play some free games and for those who say they are using it for "back-ups" your not fooling anyone. If you cant wait for it then get a modchip
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
zidane_genome said:
I know this is offtopic, but Blizzard has 12+ million now... half the world is playing, lol
12 million people isn't even half of Oceania, never mind the World.
No shit. The population of the world is nearing 6.75 billion people. Last I checked, 12 million wasn't quite near 6 billion. To give you an idea of how insanely far off from the truth your statement was, 12 million (your idea of half the people in the world) is equivalent to the total population of Beijing, China (at 12,033,000), which is only the 12th highest populated city in the world (Sources: U.S. Census Bureau and Times Atlas of the World, tenth edition). To put it another way, 12 million is less than 0.2% of the total world population.

Sorry for continuing to be off topic, but good lord, someone needed to set zidane_genome straight.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
loesjoel said:
Retal said:
zidane_genome said:
12 million people isn't even half of Oceania, never mind the World.
No shit. The population of the world is nearing 6.75 billion people. Last I checked, 12 million wasn't quite near 6 billion. To give you an idea of how insanely far off from the truth your statement was, 12 million (your idea of half the people in the world) is equivalent to the total population of Beijing, China (at 12,033,000), which is only the 12th highest populated city in the world (Sources: U.S. Census Bureau and Times Atlas of the World, tenth edition). To put it another way, 12 million is less than 0.2% of the total world population.

Sorry for continuing to be off topic, but good lord, someone needed to set zidane_genome straight.
I don't think he literally meant that half the world's population are playing it. To say that "half the world" is doing something is a popular expression that simply maens that a lot of people are doing the aforementioned thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...