Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't think waninkoko should stop the project, but i think he should reconsider his beta testers. so next time he has a big release like this, stuff like this won't happen.

i must say i really looked forward to this release and to be honoust i did download the leaked beta version, but i do respect waninkoko for his work and i hoped for a full release of this app. and i still do hope so. People just wanted to have this app too bad and that is why things like this happened. but still, the beta testers, shouldn't have leaked it!

it's a shame and if waninkoko doesn't continu the project, at least i hope someone else does...

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
wanin, well done for discontinuing,

I would have loved this to go further, but you did the right thing.

R.I.P trust.

darkhawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Frenchman said:
LMAO

This is a big FU to pirates, really, I've seen someone say he was depressed about the loader not being out... LMAO!!

WTF?

People are that desperate to be able to read backups without a modchip? I mean.

Waninkoko shouldn't have allowed more people to use this, see what it lead to?

My Wii is modded, and I don't use it much anyways... Serves you right you hungry pirates.

BTW LOL at all the accounts created just for this... LMAO

I don't know what bugs are in this loader, I don't know what games will not work, but I know one thing, This leak certainly wasn't worth it. Eh guys?
lol... Well said
biggrin.gif

Im not that suprised it was leaked. When you announce an app like this its bound to get attention and someone is always going try to get in a leak it.

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
$100? sure you will.... I rather save that money and buy a mod-chip, which is cheaper btw... enough with this stupid backup loader, which will probably get patched anyways. And for those who have it, enjoy running your games with the glitches, audio problems and non-synched movies due to the 3x speed.

Red Machine D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
i don't think waninkoko should stop the project, but i think he should reconsider his beta testers. so next time he has a big release like this, stuff like this won't happen.

Holy shit, you don't say! How about he has people he personally knows beta it, so that wh--

...you know, if this guy actually knew any people outside of the internet, he might have had them do it... hm.

Beta it himself then until it's stable? There's a good idea.

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
atomikramp said:
waninkoko said:
Backup-Loader is now an abandoned project. Congratulations, enjoy that version that has lots of bugs (yes, lots of bugs are not fixed).

too bad for the project..
but this acting way like "i punish the community for stealing my work" imho is not the best way to react to this.
I second that. I didn't lead the project and neither did i plan on downloading the leaked version. I had wanted to wait to give him to polish and finalize it for the official release. Then thank him a lot for giving us a softmod.
Instead he's punishing us all. Well now i still don't intend to use the leaked one and risk ruining my Wii, but i wont ever thank him for his part in this once someone else finishes it. That person will get my gratitude.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 2600 dollar check out of nowhere, I think I can donate $100 to see the finishing of this project, for me and others. I'm buying a modchip soon after I get a package from foundmy.com but I still want to see this finished.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
blazingwolf said:
I'll donate $100 if he finished this project.

this is getting ridiculous
I just can see waninkoko looking at this and laughing

c'mon people, the only one responsible for the leak is waninkoko himself
what was he thinking by cannonizing new beta testers everyday ?

I stick to my opinion, it was just a slight move to avoid releasing this because it would hurt interets of some more powerful (and generous) company
and now, you want to give him more money
blink.gif

Red Machine D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfire12 said:
atomikramp said:
waninkoko said:
Backup-Loader is now an abandoned project. Congratulations, enjoy that version that has lots of bugs (yes, lots of bugs are not fixed).

too bad for the project..
but this acting way like "i punish the community for stealing my work" imho is not the best way to react to this.
I second that. I didn't lead the project and neither did i plan on downloading the leaked version. I had wanted to wait to give him to polish and finalize it for the official release. Then thank him a lot for giving us a softmod.
Instead he's punishing us all. Well now i still don't intend to use the leaked one and risk ruining my Wii, but i wont ever thank him for his part in this once someone else finishes it. That person will get my gratitude.

Well the guy's an asshole for making it such a public spectacle in the first place. If he weren't such an attention whore he would have just quietly thrown it away without announcement or - jesus spinattacking christ - just kept working on it and gotten it right, using this leak for FREE PUBLICITY.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Red Machine D said:
FGOD said:

Holy shit, you don't say! How about he has people he personally knows beta it, so that wh--

...you know, if this guy actually knew any people outside of the internet, he might have had them do it... hm.

Beta it himself then until it's stable? There's a good idea.

that's true, but then again, you need to test things on other systems to be sure it works with everybody...

killer626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone stick to the science on this and try to debug the version we do have ?

It seems the ret = -4100 error only occurs on wiis with version 3.1... How can I update my wii from 3.1E to 3.2E without a game or the internet please?

Killer626

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I lol'd. Even corporate games with thousands invested in anti-piracy end up leaked. Butthurt homebrew devs need to learn to accept reality.

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright guys, can anyone tell me if the leaked version is working. I dont wanna buy a stack of DVDs for nothing. do i need to add anything extra to my wii (aka wiibrew stuff)other than the stuff from the leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc