Wii Ambassador (Connection) Program!

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Penguin, Dec 8, 2011.

Dec 8, 2011
  1. Penguin
    OP

Newcomer Penguin Advanced Member

Australia
    Hey there everyone,

I know there are previous threads on this topic, but these would have expired in relation to this loyalty service.

The Wii Connection Ambassador Program is a loyalty service that rewards both a new player to Wii Online and also those who may have helped with this connection. You are rewarded with 500 Wii Points for each connection, and at 10 and 20 connections, you have access to most of the items in the Wii Shop Channel. It thought that since a 'new connector' has to be within 30 days old, it might be nice to revive a new thread, and I know that I am very keen to actually get into this. In saying this, I don't want to feel as though I'm 'cheating' the system, and so I'm more than happy to help with actually trying to connect people, rather than just registering Wii numbers.

I just found this site: http://wii.cooltre.com/?r=za4b
    It's dedicated to this program, and so also helps with connecting people. I'd really love to get some classic Virtual Console games, but I'm definitely willing to work for them!

Just let me know if you have issues (you MUST be a new connecting player within 30 days to perform this), and so on the Wii Shop Channel, you just have to enter as the person who 'was helped', and so we both end up with great outcomes.

Thanks very much!

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Good luck as it sounds like it will be a help to both you, and the new "connector."

3. Penguin
    OP

Australia
    I can't believe I only just stumbled upon it, and it's very generous of Nintendo; you don't usually find such open loyalty programs. I'm looking forward to working through the Zelda Classics :D

4. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    you should mention that this is PAL / EU only.

at least it was last year, where i was looking for people to register with. i did the whole 20 people thing in 26 days, mainly searched twitter up and down to find people who announced they bought a new wii and asked them if they wanted to do this.

also, on amazon there was a huge topic about this as well, so maybe check out the discussions on the wii pages

good luck on getting enough people, christmas time is a pretty good time to try though

5. Penguin
    OP

Australia
    Ah awesome, thanks very much! Yes, it is limited to EU/PAL region consoles - forgot how wide this community really is ^_^

I've just got to try and find people who are really interested, but I know spamming won't help anyone :)